A couple of questions ...

BryanP

Reaction score
I just switched from Sprint and a Palm Pre to Verizon and a Droid 2. This is my first time playing with Android. So far I've mostly figured it out and like what I'm seeing, but there are some oddities I'm having problems with.

1. My Google calendar isn't working.

When I go to the screen that shows the google toolbar, a calendar, and incoming messages, the calendar shows the date on the left and says "Add a calendar account" on the right. If I click into Add a calendar account it shows my accounts, including my gmail account. If I click on the gmail account it shows Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail. The same screen on my fiance's LG Ally shows Contacts, Gmail and Calendar. Any idea how to link my calendar?

2. Is there a way to tell my contacts to not display my Facebook contacts as part of my contacts listing when I go call someone? I have tons of people on facebook that I would pretty much never call.

Thanks,
Bryan

Last edited:

ilvgsus42

Reaction score
Same problems

BryanP...
I am SOO frustrated b/c I'm having the same problems. Didyou find a fix? I've tried everything! Both of those concerns are my top 2...and also that my hundreds of songs I have carried over from my microSC card aren't being recognized as valid files so I can't play any of them on my phone. And Pandora wasn't working. I'm getting pretty frustrated and spent hours of my time trying to figure these problems out. If you find the answer...let me know! Thanks!

cromo8

Reaction score
well i could not help you with the calendar on the droid 2 since i have the droid 1

but as far as the facebook thing, right now there is no option to do that its either all or none

OP
B

BryanP

Reaction score
BryanP...
I am SOO frustrated b/c I'm having the same problems. Didyou find a fix? I've tried everything! Both of those concerns are my top 2...and also that my hundreds of songs I have carried over from my microSC card aren't being recognized as valid files so I can't play any of them on my phone. And Pandora wasn't working. I'm getting pretty frustrated and spent hours of my time trying to figure these problems out. If you find the answer...let me know! Thanks!

I found a solution to one and a workaround for the other.

For the calendar issue go here:

Just bought Droid 2, and can't sync gmail calendar!!! - Google Mobile Help

The solution that worked for me was removing the battery, waiting a bit and restarting. After a few minutes the calendar showed up and started syncing. Others have had to jump through more obnoxious hoops, all of which are detailed in that thread.

The Facebook/Contact list workaround is detailed here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...cebook-friends-all-now-contact-list-help.html

I wish the Droid 2 handled it like my fiance's LG Ally, which has a simple option to select or deselect individual sources for contacts. She simply de-selected Facebook as a contact source. But I guess I'll have to finish getting all of my old phone contacts entered in as gmail contacts and tell it to only show me google contacts.