A better clock application

trowa

Reaction score
I searched a little bit but could not find an answer.

Long story short I want a better alarm clock app that turns off the backlit buttons at the bottom(back menu home search) and also will dim the screen more then turning off the backlight option. I will pay money if I can find something that does this.

I am using the free digital clock application. It is ok at best. I set my phone in the dock, turn off backlight option, change the clock color to dark gray almost black, and go to bed. The wife says it is too bright and can not sleep with it but it doesn't bother me.

Any ideas?

Jmartin19

Reaction score
My husband and i just turn our phones over so the screen is facing the table or wherever it is laying to avoid the light..lighting up the room

CatsTide

Reaction score
bedside is a nice option.if you're rooted you can also install the LED hack to turn off the bottom lights. the screen will not dim below 10%.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The new clock in 2.1 is much dimmer. You may want to wait and give it a try. There is an apk for it around here somewhere, but since 2.1 is on its way you may want to just wait.

hebertm1

Reaction score
I had the same problem; wife says clock dock too bright.

Solution 1: Turn off phone completely before placing in the cradle. When you do this the phone will power on by itself and then go into clock mode but the "back, menu, home, and search keys will be off)

Solution 2: If you are rooted; there is an app called "Bright control". This will allow the back lighting of your screen to go darker than usual. it is not in the market, but I cannot remember where I got it. Maybe do a search in the forums.

Solution 3: The Return, Menu, Home , Search can be turned off by an app that is in the market called "LEDs Hack (ROOT ONLY)". This works great if you use the settings to turn off the LEDs when placed in the dock, Auto-Start / Auto-Stop settings.

I have been using these before I upgraded to Froyo. Now I do not need the LEDs hack because the clock seems to do it on its own.

joggy

Reaction score
+1 on Bedside. Night Clock is also a nice option.