Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well tomorrow they are dedicating a piece of the WTC (An 11 foot steel beam) recovered from the wtc, one of 1100 given to communities around the country. What were you doing on that day? How did you hear the news? How did it impact you?

I personally woke up around 9 AM EST and went into my office at home and looked at my computer, the homes screen with news on it was titled, "America Under Attack". I than turned on the news and watched as I'm sure a lot of you did, the days events unfold. With friends and co-workers calling and nobody really seeming to know what do. Malls were shut down, events cancelled, etc. I remember going through the channels and getting to the Food Network Channel which simply had a message up stating, "Due to the events unfolding today we have suspended broadcasting. Please tune in to a news station for further developments"

Hard to believe its been 10 years.. and I know this expression is often used a lot, but really does seem like yesterday.

After the attacks, I felt more patriotic than ever. The image of than President Bush with the elderly retired NYFD gentleman standing at the wreckage still is burned into my mind. I remember PSA that was on the airs shortly after the attacks that said, "The people who did this wanted to change how we lived, and they did.." Then showed a long street with an American Flag hanging from every house. It was just one of the 'awe' moments.

Again, I said in an earlier post, be safe and alert.. we have to rely and depend on each other when events such as this take place, but hopefully never will again.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to be starting my freshman year of college but I ended up taking the first semester off to help my mom out with some things. I was up in my bedroom sleeping that morning and my mom woke me up when the first plane had hit. I just remember thinking how could a commercial jet hit the WTC? Then I saw the unthinkable, the 2nd jet very purposely flying straight into tower 2. I think at that point we all knew exactly what was happening. It was hard to wrap my head around what was going on because really I was pretty small when the first Iraq war happened so I don't remember much so for me this was war being brought to our doorstep. I just remember being glued to the TV for the rest of the day and night and for the days that follow.

The thing I take away most from that day was the complete selflessness of everyone involved in rescue efforts, whether they were NYFD, NYPD, medic's, dr's, volunteers, I believe for the very first time our country was truly unified like never before. There were no barriers between people, we were all brothers and sisters. And in a weird way that was so comforting in the greatest time of tragedy we have seen.

My biggest concern at that time was trying not to be angered that I had to take a semester off of school, but boy was that truly put into perspective. I truly pray we never forget that day, not for the senseless acts of terror, but for the overwhelming sense of unity and for the people who literally gave their lives helping others. There is no greater sacrifice.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was supposed to be starting my freshman year of college but I ended up taking the first semester off to help my mom out with some things. I was up in my bedroom sleeping that morning and my mom woke me up when the first plane had hit. I just remember thinking how could a commercial jet hit the WTC? Then I saw the unthinkable, the 2nd jet very purposely flying straight into tower 2. I think at that point we all knew exactly what was happening. It was hard to wrap my head around what was going on because really I was pretty small when the first Iraq war happened so I don't remember much so for me this was war being brought to our doorstep. I just remember being glued to the TV for the rest of the day and night and for the days that follow.

The thing I take away most from that day was the complete selflessness of everyone involved in rescue efforts, whether they were NYFD, NYPD, medic's, dr's, volunteers, I believe for the very first time our country was truly unified like never before. There were no barriers between people, we were all brothers and sisters. And in a weird way that was so comforting in the greatest time of tragedy we have seen.

My biggest concern at that time was trying not to be angered that I had to take a semester off of school, but boy was that truly put into perspective. I truly pray we never forget that day, not for the senseless acts of terror, but for the overwhelming sense of unity and for the people who literally gave their lives helping others. There is no greater sacrifice.

I agree, and according to reports, rumored if you will, the second plane intentionally hit the 2nd tower 15 minutes later so that cameras would be focused on the towers.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I was dropping my dog off at the vets and they were watching the news in shock after the first plane hit. We were all speculating that it was not an accident but very intentional.

As crazy as this is, I thought George Bush admin was behind it bc on September 12th they were supposed to be starting the investigation into whether he really won the election or not. It seemed too convenient to have this disaster one day b4 this investigation was to take place.

When, I got into my car to go to work, turned on the radio and the second plane had hit. I was in shock! I got to work, and bc no TV's or radios on at work, I alerted the office to get the news on immediately. We watched the news unfold that day in our conference room (our only access to news or tv at work). Total shock, horror, fear, speculation, wanting to pick our children up from school, desperation to contact family members in NYC.

I will never forget that day. The CEO allowed us all to go home early so we could be with our families.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

tuffD1

Reaction score
I was getting ready to go to work in the morning, campaigning for "I forgot who" for Mayor of Los Angeles, Ca. Got to the center, everyone is freaked out and I was thinking okay, no work today. NOT! I tell you, it really sucked to knock on doors and asking them to vote. SMH

Sent from my Droid¹

wildride89

Reaction score
This doesn't have anything to do with me, but in my class one of my classmates brought one of his friends and he is a 9/11 survivor. Let me tell you all; to hear it from a first person account was very emotional and amazing at the same time. Very tragic day in american history.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This doesn't have anything to do with me, but in my class one of my classmates brought one of his friends and he is a 9/11 survivor. Let me tell you all; to hear it from a first person account was very emotional and amazing at the same time. Very tragic day in american history.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I bet, just watching survivor stories and memorials on tv one can become very emotional. And hopefully we'll never see anything like it again...

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was dropping my dog off at the vets and they were watching the news in shock after the first plane hit. We were all speculating that it was not an accident but very intentional.

As crazy as this is, I thought George Bush admin was behind it bc on September 12th they were supposed to be starting the investigation into whether he really won the election or not. It seemed too convenient to have this disaster one day b4 this investigation was to take place.

When, I got into my car to go to work, turned on the radio and the second plane had hit. I was in shock! I got to work, and bc no TV's or radios on at work, I alerted the office to get the news on immediately. We watched the news unfold that day in our conference room (our only access to news or tv at work). Total shock, horror, fear, speculation, wanting to pick our children up from school, desperation to contact family members in NYC.

I will never forget that day. The CEO allowed us all to go home early so we could be with our families.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

I've always believed it was a planned attack. It seems to coincedential don't you think. And people that witnessed the attacks up front said they heard explosions coming from the basement. I think the planes were just crashed to distract the bomb explosions down under.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folks, this is a "do you remember what you were doing when" not a "what are your thoughts on why" thread. If we don't turn it around soon, its going to go south.

I was working at Staples, and in the backroom while there was a commotion at the front desk. One of the other team members and I went up to find one of the managers getting out an old radio from the office, so we could hear what was happening.

After work, we went to every store to find American flags, but they had already sold out.

It was a long difficult day.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Folks, this is a "do you remember what you were doing when" not a "what are your thoughts on why" thread. If we don't turn it around soon, its going to go south.

I was working at Staples, and in the backroom while there was a commotion at the front desk. One of the other team members and I went up to find one of the managers getting out an old radio from the office, so we could hear what was happening.

After work, we went to every store to find American flags, but they had already sold out.

It was a long difficult day.

Your right, deleting my own post to avoid any controversy ..

Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
Woke up to my TV alarm clock that was showing the news (very low volume). Saw a plane fly into a building, and thought to myself, "what kind of pilot and what country did that happen in"? And I changed channels, and they were ALL showing the same thing, so I turned up the volume and found out what happened. I could not believe it happened right here in this country.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who lost loved ones.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was in my 4th grade Math class. My teacher got a phone call and was in shock. She turned on the tv and we all watched it as a class.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

J

JriderG

It says share your stories....I was in 9th grade English class when terrorism prevailed. America is still scared of the bakalakadakas.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Wraith

Reaction score
I was working for Boeing while about 100,000 people were getting down-sized. About a month later I got my notice.