802.1x campus wifi

cbjohns

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Are your kernels built from source? Your guys' ROM is the first 2.2 ROM to work on campus sites that had problems unless I used 2.1. Or a stock Evo 2.2. Tested your kernel in other ROMs and bam works! Great news! Since I tried the manual stock releases which both failed.

Thank you! It does act different. Doesn't ask me to setup a password for credentials like 2.1 does. But it works! dancedroid

brando56894

Reaction score
Mine still doesnt work :( it connects but then immediately kicks me off, are you using 0.8 or 1.0? im upgrading to 1.0 now and ill try it later.

OP
C

cbjohns

Reaction score
Mine still doesnt work :( it connects but then immediately kicks me off, are you using 0.8 or 1.0? im upgrading to 1.0 now and ill try it later.

You might still have a chance!

dancedroidI'm using 1.0. But it was they're kernel that I believe fixed it.
CVPCS 7-slot 125-800 mhz low voltage
About Phone Format: Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9-sapphire audicken@helium #1
dancedroid

The 0.8 version gives you choice to pick a P3 Droid kernel.

I suspected it was the kernel these past couple weeks, tried several different roms and got nothing. So I performed a test and installed the Sapphire kernel into Bugless Beast...and bam. Wi-Fi enabled. So far, I believe Saphhire's 1.0.0 ROM is the only Froyo 2.2 custom rom that works reliably on 802.1x. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Good luck! Hope it works. Although I'm still a bit worried that it's not asking me to create a password for storage credentials like 2.1 does. It sucks because I just started a new job at computer support for a university. First time i turned my wifi on, was able to get on...but everywhere else on campus I couldn't...But so far I've been able to access all the APs I couldn't before.

Thank you to the Sapphire Developers. :)

OP
C

cbjohns

Reaction score

pushdrops

Reaction score
P3 LV kernels - Froyo - Droid - Wi-Fi - OK

Just to add - I went from 2.1 stock with no Wi-Fi issues, then installed Cyanogen mod 6 RC2 and suddenly my Wi-Fi would work but would drop after a couple of minutes. I installed chevy ULV kernel, then couldn't connect to Wi-Fi at all (at home using WRT54g vintage model running DD-WRT) - really drove me nuts

I installed a couple of P3 (the ones linked from the Sapphire page) kernels - LV 600 and 800 MHz - Wi-Fi is completely stable using the P3 kernels.

In this forum as will try 1.0 Sapphire likely tonight which is how i saw this post and thought I'd throw my info in (kernels which seem to correct Wi-Fi issues with Froyo on the Droid - P3 low voltage seem fine!)

pushdrops

Reaction score
yesterday i went from cyan 6 rc2 to Sapphire 1.0 - Wi-Fi broken again (only works shortly after router is rebooted, same issue as Cyan before installing p3 LV kernel under cyan 6 rc2) .

so default kernel with sapphire 1 major issues, installed approved 800 LV kernel from Sapphire site, no improvement. Also even installed the same P3 kernel that was running under cyanogen with Sapphire 1, no change

so while I'd like to continue tryout Sapphire, i can't use it without reliable Wi-Fi, so glad i made a nandroid backup before moving to sapphire so i can get back hopefully to cyanogen 6 rc2 with p3 800 LV kernel .

Cyan 6 rc2 worked well , should have just stuck with it but being it a my first custom ROM i wanted to try something else.

Due to the massive amounts of Google Listen podcasts that i regular download, i really need Wi-Fi to be reliable.

OP
C

cbjohns

Reaction score
Darn, what a shame!

Sorry it broke wi-fi for you!

king1064

Reaction score
After much searching (soul and internet), I finally found this thread today which gave me the courage to root my phone, and load the sapphire 1.0.0 ROM. I finally, after several weeks of no corporate wifi, can connect again. As a noob it was very hard to determine exactly what ROM was going to do the trick (FYI CM6 RC3 did not). Many many thanks to the folks who make this happen, and to those who take the time to post their results to forums so others may follow.

Oh, and ....... Verizon ....... bite me.

wingdo

Reaction score
After much searching (soul and internet), I finally found this thread today which gave me the courage to root my phone, and load the sapphire 1.0.0 ROM. I finally, after several weeks of no corporate wifi, can connect again. As a noob it was very hard to determine exactly what ROM was going to do the trick (FYI CM6 RC3 did not). Many many thanks to the folks who make this happen, and to those who take the time to post their results to forums so others may follow.

you didn't use 1.1.1?? :icon_eek:

Grats on wifi again.

OP
C

cbjohns

Reaction score

I'm glad people are getting help from this post :). dancedroid

The Sapphire developers rock. Rooting definitely has an advantage that others may not have realized. Implementing fixes or workarounds to get your phone running again instead of waiting for Verizon/Morotorla to even admit that it's a problem.