.621 Update Bricked Stock Device

steves

Reaction score
Hi there. Exactly what the title says... I ran the .621 OTA update this morning on my stock DroidX (no root or anything) and it bricked. Screen says:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Is there anything I can do to resolve this without going to a VZW store?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I heard there was a .621 sbf floating around. I don't know where it is though. Could try googling for it and try it.

Sent from my D2G

ss8463

Reaction score
Hi there. Exactly what the title says... I ran the .621 OTA update this morning on my stock DroidX (no root or anything) and it bricked. Screen says:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Go here and get the .621 SBF. This does work... I found out the hard way after updating my wife's phone OTA then trying to SBF back to .602

https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files

bobd27

Reaction score

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

This may sound dumb, but did you pull the battery and reboot?

CrazyCatz

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on a stock Droid X two days ago. Removing the battery and doing anything on the reset menu did nothing. Phone kept booting with the same error code on the bootloader screen. My husband flashed my phone and got it working again. We tried it one more time after flashing and the phone hosed again, just like before. So we flashed the phone again yesterday and I refuse to download this update. All Verizon could do is offer to mail me a used phone.