5th row of homescreen icons?

Inuyash'Allah

Reaction score
With the added length of the 854x480 Moto Droid screen, only having 4 rows of icons seems like a huge wasted opportunity, and the icons are way too spaced out right now. Is there a way to add a 5th row of icons to the homescreen?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
nope, there is ways to add a different homescreen that allows for more screens, so instead of 3, it can be set to 5,7, or 9.. other can offer more i believe.

azosmith

Reaction score
i think its super spaced out like that so when you turn the phone and the screen switches to landscape mode, there's still room for everything

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Having the icons closer together would also make it more prone to misclicks.

For something as basic as the main home screen, you need proper space to ensure you reliably click on the right icon I think.

Overall, I think the spacing is fine, its really the limitation of 3 screens that is the issue, but there are apps for that, as well as using the native folder option.

But overall its not that bad, just take a little time to organize and keep everything to a minimum. Something like phone settings should be taken off the main screens. Initially you may use it a lot, but after that you are less likely to need it. If you frequently change a specific setting, use a widget for that.

Stigy

Reaction score
I just hope they bring back the 5-icon rows in the app drawer.

That was a feature in the CyanogenMOD ROM that I used on my TMobile G1 and it was so much cleaner and I think 5-icon rows with the added resolution would be perfect.

Droid1610

Reaction score
looked around a bit but I cant seem to figure out how to get more home screens other the 3. can someone explain please. thanks - Droid1610