Original Icon Retrieval

drcarl

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm a Noob to DX - was initiated on BB Storm I.

Of course I want to customize my home screen(s) but before I do that I want to know how to retrieve whatever I might drag to the garbage pail.

I have figured out that most of the little icons are easy to get back and move around.

How do I do the same for the two giant 3-space-occupying (one's purple and one's blue) icons that currently say "add a social network" ?

And the...

--Date icon on the 3rd screen
--Mail icon on the 3rd screen
--small blue contact icons on the 5th screen
--3 space music play on the 5th screen
--6-space? media player on the 6th screen
--two big news (RSS?) and Tips icons on the last screen

TIA

drcarl

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction of the droid. Anything you drag and drop in the garbage pail can be gained back by opening up your app drawer long pressing the icon and drop it on a screen. Also drag the icon to either side of the screen to move them to next screen. Any of the space occupying widgets on you screens you can drag them to the trash can and if you want them back just long press an empty spot on your screen and select the widget you want to place on that screen when the list of options comes up to choose from

Sent from my Liberty D2

OP
D

drcarl

Reaction score
TY

252 - thank you. This does seem to be a pretty amazing machine. I just learned the difference between a long and short push on the power button!

Thank you for your advice. I now have a handle on ALL icons except the "Tips and Tricks" one on the last page.

I've done some housekeeping and things are looking better. I dare not trash that last one until I know where to find it again. God knows I need all the tips and tricks I can get! lol

I still have to learn how to do music files properly (another post)...and so much more.

Too bad about the bloatware.

Thanks again

drcarl

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its no problem. I think the tips and tricks widget is under the motorola widget option. Long press empty spot on screen/go to motorola widgets and see if it might be in there. I'm running the liberty rom on my d2 so I haven't been on the stock rom in a couple weeks but ill try and help you out. If its not in the menu when you long press the screen let me know and ill ask around.

Sent from my Liberty D2

OP
D

drcarl

Reaction score
I looked everywhere - it's probably hiding in plain view - lol

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol stuff hides all the time but imma pm a friend and see if he can post an exact path to the tips and tricks. As far as bloatware check into rooting your X and maybe rooting it with the one-click root app "z4root". You can find that app at 4share.com I do believe. Just really read up about rooting before you do it. Rooting gives you superuser access to add and delete and control what you want.

*edit*
Well thanks to my friend CJM telling me the pathways this is what I found out. When you long press an empty spot on your screen not only could it be under "motorola widgets" it also may be under "widgets" in the on screen menu with a name of home screen tips or tips and tricks

Sent from my Liberty D2

OP
D

drcarl

Reaction score
252 - thanx, man...do't spend TOO much time on it...I should just read the tips and learn 'em and delete it...come to think of it, I have not seen (and can't find) those tips since I put in ADWLauncher...oh well...the internet (and Google) is my friend :)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it might be adw. The launcher itself prolly took the option away. I installed launcherpro and the liberty rom and I don't have the Motorola Widgets unless I flash back to the stock rom and take launcherpro off

Sent from my Liberty D2

OP
D

drcarl

Reaction score
Resolved!

252 - I think you got a bingo here....ADW took it away, and that's OK because there's plenty ELSE to learn!

Be well and thanks again!

drcarl