595 to Zombiestomped, benefits?

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Little background.

I'm new to the rooting and especially the ROM scene. I had an OG Droid for a year or so that I rooted right before I got rid of and then bought an X off the ebay which I love. I rooted that immediately, and then flashed my first ROM rubiX 2.01. I thought it was amazing but for some reason the longer I had it installed the laggier and slower my phone got.

I decided to try my first SBF and brought my phone to 2.3.340 .. I don't know why I was so worried, so easy. Then I did the three part install for 588, and then 595. 588 was ok but had terrible battery life, half of what I normally get even after a calibration. 595 is waaay better and faster.

What kind of improvements are you guys seeing with Zombie over 595? Worth going to?

Mheller91

Reaction score
Well I upgraded to zombiestomped from 595 a week ago. The phone is WAY snappier and faster. Also the internet is quicker because they removed the data cap and the battery life is way better than before. I was Texting a lot today since 8am until about 10pm and I was at 40 %. This is all because of the undervolt hack. It slows down the processor when the screen is off which dramatically increases battery life. This rom also removes all bloatware.

In other words, GO WITH ZOMBIESTOMPED
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Using Zombie Stomped 1.7 .595.

Couple reasons this is possibly the best ROM for the X right now:

1) .595
2) Cool themes, very different themes.
3) Better battery life and slightly quicker then even Liberty v0.5.
4) It's the new hotness!!!

scadilla

Reaction score
I have to agree on the battery life, I was on .595 and my battery life was horrendous. Battery life on this one is much better. Also I haven't felt the need to overclock as the phone seems to be much faster.

SjLucky

Reaction score
I went from LGB.05 to ZombieStomp 1.71 and its pretty slick. Even when with it overclocked its still stable. Which was one problem I had with .05.

Even without the OC the boot is quick. Not the first one. The first one took forever!! This running close to my first full day running it so cant really say much about the battery life. I'll know more after this weekend. But from first impressions I think its going to hold up only if I can put the damn thing down longer than 5 minutes.

OP
F

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Thanks for the info all :D

Where do we have to be to get the OTA when Verizon pushes it? Will 595 rooted pick it up? Or do we have to SBF back to 2.3.340?

Mheller91

Reaction score
There is a leaked version of it that team black hat released today. You can install it over. 595 without having to wipe clean.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
ZombieStomped is so awesome...

sent from my ZombieStomped X

scottbg1

Reaction score
Also the internet is quicker because they removed the data cap and the battery life is way better than before.

The data cap removal doesn't initially make your download speed faster. It only keeps VZW from throttling back on your data speeds if you were to go over 2gbs of data in a months time. The data cap is reset at the beginning of your billing cycle. So if you dont go over that anyway, you would never benefit from the data cap removal.

FYI :)