Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
That manual is different then the one I seen for the GNOTE4. The I seen was off the Verge or another website.

This is the 2 views of the settings from my wife's S5. One view is Grid the other is list.

d4260cee8b74e5c700b42c4cb206be07.jpg

dce140d3d640abbb36e07fa54f305a79.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That manual is different then the one I seen for the GNOTE4. The I seen was off the Verge or another website.

This is the 2 views of the settings from my wife's S5. One view is Grid the other is list.

d4260cee8b74e5c700b42c4cb206be07.jpg

dce140d3d640abbb36e07fa54f305a79.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I saw that manual too. This one is direct from vzw. I know how you're supposed access the ability to switch, but it's not there.

c5cf01270d236affa5f58ae00e039913.jpg

Also, the search feature in the settings menu is very thorough, but shows nothing.

1f1eb2db0874a647d1e6b786bf2f366a.jpg

45c3685cd1fd21ee19601445cda2c901.jpg

So, either it's not there on the vzw version, or is completely buried & hidden. I have manually checked, display, accessibility, & other sections. Nothing.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I saw that manual too. This one is direct from vzw. I know how you're supposed access the ability to switch, but it's not there.

c5cf01270d236affa5f58ae00e039913.jpg

Also, the search feature in the settings menu is very thorough, but shows nothing.

1f1eb2db0874a647d1e6b786bf2f366a.jpg

45c3685cd1fd21ee19601445cda2c901.jpg

So, either it's not there on the vzw version, or is completely buried & hidden. I have manually checked, display, accessibility, & other sections. Nothing.

Sent from my Note 4
Does anything come up when you type in Grid or list?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I opened the search in settings & searching tab or view bring up no results. I'm thinking they left that feature out of our version...

Sent from my Note 4
I have to agree, I'm on the Verizon version and I do not see it. In fact, the manual is even different. I Googled the manual for "Galaxy Note 4" and saw what the OP was talking about on page 144, but I then Googled the manual for my particular model number and found the manual on Samsung's site for the SM-N910V, and the manual is different, and no such instructions do exist on the corresponding page, nor anywhere in that manual.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have to agree, I'm on the Verizon version and I do not see it. In fact, the manual is even different. I Googled the manual for "Galaxy Note 4" and saw what the OP was talking about on page 144, but I then Googled the manual for my particular model number and found the manual on Samsung's site for the SM-N910V, and the manual is different, and no such instructions do exist on the corresponding page, nor anywhere in that manual.
Thanks for verifying. The manual I linked as part of that discussion came straight from Vzw's site, so I'm sure it's the same one you found for our version.
I spent quite a while skimming it for anything about this feature &, like you, found nothing.

I have to admit though, I actually prefer it all in one list. Didn't like that about the s4.when I went to tweak something I didn't access on a regular basis, I always had to search the tabs anyway instead of just scrolling one list. Still find it very strange that they left this out of some versions though.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
On a different note, not that I needed another reason to live this phone, but I plugged my headphones in a bit ago while playing a game. The standard headphone icon showed up in my notification bar, but instead of ignoring it like I used to on the s4 because the "suggested apps" or whatever are crap, I opened the notification shade. It had the "now playing" notification from Google play with the last song I was listening to.

This is a huge win for me. I have all access, so that's almost all I use to stream music. I'd have been happy if it provided a quick link, but to give me the ability to start playback author leaving my game rocks.

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To turn on safe mode.With the Galaxy Note 4 powered off, press and hold the “Volume Down” button while pressing and holding the “Power” button to turn on the device.Once the device turns on, release the Power button, but continue to hold “Volume DownRelease “Volume Down” when the Home screen loads.
The Android Home screen should load with the words “Safe Mode” displayed in the lower-left corner. If you don’t see it, try the above steps again.
To turn off safe mode.
Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.Select “Restart

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To turn on safe mode.With the Galaxy Note 4 powered off, press and hold the “Volume Down” button while pressing and holding the “Power” button to turn on the device.Once the device turns on, release the Power button, but continue to hold “Volume DownRelease “Volume Down” when the Home screen loads.
To turn off safe mode.
Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.Select “Restart
?

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Like your big computer when it goes wonky to find if it's an added app or device itself. Saves a needless fdr more times than not.
I totally missed the "to turn safe mode on" part of that. That's why I was confused.

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally missed the "to turn safe mode on" part of that. That's why I was confused.

Sent from my Note 4
Gotcha. Some question the need for safe mode but with fragmentation of Android sometimes it's a must have after a firmware/software update to find the source of aftermarket apps that aren't ready for the update I just did. Never did find what is causing my G2 to lose ability to download or send mms every now and then but when it acts up, boot into safe mode, reboot into regular clears it up until a few weeks later it does it again.