5.6.890 is what the soak test is

Reaction score
So if you have the leaked version it is the same as the soak test version. So no need to think that you will have a different version unless they change something after the soak test.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
So you have evidence the soak test has begun and are sure it will not reveal any issues needing fixed?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I see that what I was missing is that verizon has apparently announced the update with a version number. That must mean that the soak test is complete and we'll get the update very shortly. Unless this is like the D1 update that was announced several times before it was finally released several months later.

OP
S
Reaction score
The only evidence that I have is a few of the android websites have said that the soak test has begun and that the update is 5.6.890 the same as the leaked version. Now if it was different it would be a different build. They could discover some issues then change it and it will have a different build #. Now I don't pretend to know anything about this im going off the website that I got to daily and hourly. If its wrong then its wrong.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know. If it is a version number then you would think it changes every time the code is changed. Not sure what the build number is intended to represent and why its the same as the version, or under what conditions it might be different....

On thinking this over the build number is likely sort of a compile version and is likely to be the same as the version number as the update gets closer to release. It is likely that as the patch is being built that these numbers could be different depending on the rules for versioning the build.

Last edited: