5.5.893 to .902 update failz

Halaku007

Reaction score
Alright, I'm a bit at a loss as to what I can do to get my bionic to update to .902. This phone is infinitely better, regardless of my skepticism buying it off ebay. I've not had a single issue and would like to very much get the update installed and enjoy the improvements they rolled out in this update. Any help is much appreciated. I've tried downloading/installing over both 3g and wifi thinking it may be a different location for each. No dice. I've defrosted all my system apps. Still no dice. I don't think verizon will honor the warranty since I purchased it off ebay even though the phone is less than 5 months old since the original owner purchased it from verizon.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you getting a particular error message when you update?

It is most likely some modification that has been made to the system files that is blocking/stopping the install (do you have a nandroid backup of when the phone was first rooted, no modifications). There are several threads active on the forum currently where people have had issue with the update...if you don't find a workable solution, you many need to consider restoring your Bionic to complete stock, reroot with forever root and then taking the update.

maxdaddy99

Reaction score
Be sure to use the STOCK RECOVERY, and not Clockwork.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
H

Halaku007

Reaction score
I'm running rooted stock 893. No particular message comes up. It just goes to the install screen and @ about 40% it give me an '!' in the triangle and then shuts the install down and reboots and it tells me it failed with no error message at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums