5.1 Soak test starts today

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Typically, once this phase of their testing starts, Verizon has already approved it and added whatever "touches" to the build that they wanted to add. So if all goes well during this phase of Moto's testing then everyone will receive it shortly after their test finishes. At least that's how it has been in the past.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thanks for the clarification.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moto has been being strange on their soaks..people get invites, then the software..but no community but they're still locked out of the owners forums..then in 2 days.. The update goes live...this is what I'm told has happened...then in a week or so..you get the obligatory follow up email..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
But congrats to those waiting.. Hope it's awesome..

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The Moto X forum is full of people having issues with the 5.1 update. I'm beginning to wonder if I even want it now. Has anyone else read about all the issues they are having?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto X forum is full of people having issues with the 5.1 update. I'm beginning to wonder if I even want it now. Has anyone else read about all the issues they are having?
Yes. I have seen a lot of posts on the Moto forum about issues with the Moto X 2013 and 5.1. But, how many people had a successful upgrade and never post anywhere saying "hey this is good, I like it" ? With mist updates, we only seem to hear the issues and problems. From what I have read so far, a FDR would probably help solve almost every issued reported; except maybe some of the supposed Bluetooth problems. But people refuse to perform a FDR and continue on having problems. We all know that it is a pain and takes some time to set things up again, but it helps clear out so many little bugs sometimes. I always wait and see what happens after a major OS update. But at the first sign of an issue...FDR and start over fresh.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Your right. Hopefully it won't come to a FDR but if I have to I already have my pics and music backed up on my computer.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yes. I have seen a lot of posts on the Moto forum about issues with the Moto X 2013 and 5.1. But, how many people had a successful upgrade and never post anywhere saying "hey this is good, I like it" ? With mist updates, we only seem to hear the issues and problems. From what I have read so far, a FDR would probably help solve almost every issued reported; except maybe some of the supposed Bluetooth problems. But people refuse to perform a FDR and continue on having problems. We all know that it is a pain and takes some time to set things up again, but it helps clear out so many little bugs sometimes. I always wait and see what happens after a major OS update. But at the first sign of an issue...FDR and start over fresh.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Agreed We've seen it across all our forums. FDR should be SOP after every major update. (Regardless of the device you're using) Especially if one wasn't performed after updating to 5.0.
It's usually only a matter of time before issues start cropping up.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Agreed We've seen it across all our forums. FDR should be SOP after every major update. (Regardless of the device you're using) Especially if one wasn't performed after updating to 5.0.
It's usually only a matter of time before issues start cropping up.

S5 tap'n
Yup my turbo was awesome for 3 days .then the battery life took a dive..fdr fixed it..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good question, I've been waiting to update my wife's phone. Still waiting..

on the move..

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I check the Moto forums everyday. So far nothing.