Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen) Gets a Soak Test for Android 5.1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
smartphone-motorola-moto-x-2.jpg

It looks like both versions of the Moto X (1st gen and 2nd gen) could soon have the 5.1 version of Lollipop. A soak test for Android 5.1 just started rolling out to some of the folks who own these devices. Here's the quote from David Schuster's Google+ page with the details,

Here is an update for Moto X 1st and 2nd Gen Lollipop 5.1 upgrades.

We started soak test today for Moto X (2nd Gen) for the following retail channels:
Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Singapore and Sweden

We started soak test today for Moto X (1st Gen) for the following retail channels:
Belgium, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and United Arab Emirates.

If all goes well we would expect full deployments to start next week.

It won't be long now for folks with the Moto X. Of course, even after the soak test there will still be some additional testing for the various carriers, so its still might be a few weeks before it comes to your device.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The US soak test started late last week.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You should see the thousands of pages of useless, whining, complaining posts on the Moto forum. Its totally ridiculous. I am patiently waiting to see how it looks on my wife's phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You should see the thousands of pages of useless, whining, complaining posts on the Moto forum. Its totally ridiculous. I am patiently waiting to see how it looks on my wife's phone.

I'm watching the Moto forums too. It's funny and sad at the same time. I'd much rather wait and get a good update than get a buggy update. My phone runs great and I want to keep it that way.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, I agree 100%. I tried to say the same thing on there early on and just gave up.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The moto forums are full of angry people.. Some have a point..some just want it..lol