4G?

andreah1

Reaction score
My bionic no longer picks up 4g....is there a setting on it that needs to be changed? I know there is 4g in the area I'm in as I have a vzw usb mobile broadband dongle that I use and it's right next to the phone and the dongle is picking up 4g. Weird!

Also, somewhat unrelated but thought I'd ask...I use foxfi to connect my laptop to the internet. It has been working great. Yesterday I got a bunch of updates for Win7 on my laptop, downloaded and installed them (while on foxfi) and once I restarted no more internet access. It connects to foxfi, shows as connected but when I click on a webpage it just gives me a message "navigation canceled"...when I plug in my usb dongle no problems whatsoever. What happened? Any ideas? And yes, I'm aware that foxfi did an update that you need to restart it once you reach the limit (whatever that is).....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might try the sim card trick.

1) Power the phone down.
2) Remove the battery and the sim card
3) Replace battery
4) Power up. You'll get an error message, just click "OK"
5) Power down
6) Remove battery and replace both sim card and battery
7) Power up

Be sure to put the sim card in correctly or it can get fried. That happened to me and I had to go to a Verizon store. They changed it at no cost. It's also possible that you may need a new sim card.

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
By removing it and putting it back in will I lose anything?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, the sim card is for your 4G connection. By doing the sim card trick it reacquaints your phone with 4G. Nothing is lost.

Last edited:
OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Well I'll be dipped....took care of both problems! 4G is back and can open web pages with foxfi again! Now I just have to find out long I can keep connected with foxfi before they make me restart! Thanks!