4G to 3g toggle.

neoterixx64

Reaction score
Sometimes I throttle on 3g and when I use the widget to return to 4G it says I'm in LTE 4G network but my internet doesn't.work unless I go back to WiFi or 3g. Anyone else exp this?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

djj624

Reaction score
Not that exact problem, but on my toggle when I switched to 3 then went back to 4 a little while later I will check it and somehow its back on 3 by itself.

OP
N

neoterixx64

Reaction score
Not that exact problem, but on my toggle when I switched to 3 then went back to 4 a little while later I will check it and somehow its back on 3 by itself.

Sometimes I notice this as well. Basically I just go back into the program and make sure that I actually selected 4G service.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
dial *#*#4636#*#*, then chose phone information, then set preferred network type. cdma+lte/evdo for hybrid network, lte mode for lte network. default on the phone is cdma+lte/evdo.

naknak95

Reaction score
Sometimes I throttle on 3g and when I use the widget to return to 4G it says I'm in LTE 4G network but my internet doesn't.work unless I go back to WiFi or 3g. Anyone else exp this?

Download this app called Phone Info, go to Phone Information, then scroll down to Preferred Network Type, choose " CDMA Auto (PRL). If you want 4g again, put it to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto.

badmeat

Reaction score
I use the "LTE On/Off" app. I never use the hybrid network. I use only LTE if I know I'm in 4g coverage or CDMA Prl (auto) if I'm in 3g. My method of thinking is that this will eliminate any chance of it changing back and forth.

Beardface

Reaction score
A software fix has been leaked. Its supposedly from HTC, and it addresses, amongst other items, the handoff between 3G and 4G not being good. This has caused a battery drain on many devices.

We should be expecting an OTA update soon to fix this and other problems.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I use the "LTE On/Off" app. I never use the hybrid network. I use only LTE if I know I'm in 4g coverage or CDMA Prl (auto) if I'm in 3g. My method of thinking is that this will eliminate any chance of it changing back and forth.

+1
Im curious to know what their widget is gonna look like.
:)

badmeat

Reaction score

+1
Im curious to know what their widget is gonna look like.
:)

I'm very anxious as well. I just hope it gives 3 different options- 4g only, 3g only, and hybrid 3g&4g. I would care less if VZW would hurry up on the software update to solve the battery drain issue with 3g/4g transition.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums