4g repeater?

jllowrey

Reaction score
Hey,

So I just got my new Bionic and I love it but since I have moved to my new apartment I don’t get any signal. I know it’s not my phone because the same issues happened with my OG droid. However when I lean out the window I get a strong 4G connection. I have done some research and I now know I need a repeater but I was wondering if anyone knows more about them. I don’t know if it makes a difference if the signal I am trying to repeat is LTE or not but I really want 4g in my room. I have an apartment and I share it with a lot of people but I only need one it to cover my bedroom. I’m trying to get a cheap router so I don’t want to spend anything over $200. Also can anyone connect to it, or do you need an access code. I would prefer one that has a code so that I can try to make some of my money back by selling a code to my neighbors.
Would this repeater in the link below support Verizon LTE?

Wi-Ex zBoost YX510 PCS-CEL Dual-Band Cellular Signal Booster

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
This one specifically mentions 4G LTE: Product Details.

And from the Wilson Electronics Blog:
ST. GEORGE, Utah, Sep 08, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Wilson Electronics ( Cell Phone Signal Boosters and Antennas at Wilson Electronics - Wilson Electronics Inc. ), manufacturer of North America's top-selling line of cellular signal boosters, announced the availability of the company's 4G LTE 700 signal booster, built to improve the performance of any LTE device operating on Verizon Wireless'(TM) 700 MHz 4G network.

only down side I can see is the $359 MSRP :blink:

Last edited:

socalsurfer

Reaction score
Voice calls are not really 4G- only data is. I have a Wilson booster in my P/U truck. It picks up the signal from a passive phone antenna in a cradle, and boosts it to 3 watts. Works great. Wilson's boosters are 3G-but for voice who cares? VZW also sells a network extender- I have one in my office. Converts cellphone signals to VOIP. The only trouble I have with it is if I am on a call and walk out of range it won't hand off the signal to a cell tower, and I drop the call.

OP
J

jllowrey

Reaction score
4G data

I realize I dont need 4G for calls but I want it for the data. I want to beable to stream netflix on my TV from my phone and I am also really considering buying a labdock because my comp recently died and internet anywhere on 4G is sounds good to me. Only problem is i need to get it from outside my window into my room.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Step 1. Plug HDMI cable into your phone and TV. Step 2. Securely fasten phone to long stick. Step 3. Open window and stick out your phone. Step 4. Enjoy your free 4G Lte repeater :)

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.