4g on in Chester VA!

powerwagon

Reaction score
Just checked and 4g is up and running strong here. 15mb down, 3 up...woohoo! Goodbye Comcast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wilboy

Reaction score
Just checked and 4g is up and running strong here. 15mb down, 3 up...woohoo! Goodbye Comcast.

Your lucky man..here in Elizabeth NJ... have had only(jaz for now)5.84 Mbps Down and 0.79Mbps. Up...purely 4G lte not connected to WI-FI. :(

OP
powerwagon

powerwagon

Reaction score
Yea, I don't think we were slated to get lte until the 20th either, but checked for the heck of it. Maybe it's coming in stages.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least we can see VZW making LTE available in more markets.

No place in VA besides DC area was even on the official map for 2011 so verizon is taking huge steps to get lte to everyone by making it available in VA in 2011 even though that wasn't on their official public plan.

terigox

Reaction score
Have you seen it consistently on? I've had it on and off around the Richmond area. Western Richmond (288 corridor) seems pretty well covered, but now I'm in Chesterfield with slow old 3G :(

Btw 288 right around the bridge over the James River today... 20mbps down 11mbps up... that's just insane!

OP
powerwagon

powerwagon

Reaction score
Been consistent for me. Only been in Chester/colonial heights/prince George area though. As low as 5 MBA, as high as 18