4G is here!

tituswife

Reaction score
I'm appreciating the speed, but:

Concerned about being throttled, and, 4G uses more battery. I don't see a way to go to 3G (in Settings) to help with those issues. Am I missing something?

Thank you so much.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt using Touch Pal keyboard

Reaction score
There's an app called 4G toggle. Works great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Droid Forums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Don't worry about getting throttled. Last month I used 25GB of data and six days into this month I'm already at 17GB. (Internet has been flaky for a few weeks so been using my phone A LOT). Anyways, I haven't noticed degradation in speed.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
ryan.lafrancis said:
There's an app called 4G toggle. Works great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Droid Forums

I had downloaded that, but thought that switching to CDMA only meant I couldn't surf and talk at the same time. Just tried, and I can! Thank you!

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
Don't worry about getting throttled. Last month I used 25GB of data and six days into this month I'm already at 17GB. (Internet has been flaky for a few weeks so been using my phone A LOT). Anyways, I haven't noticed degradation in speed.

That's good to know. I wonder if it's where you live. We're a town of <25,000, so we may not have enough traffic to make throttling necessary. I hope I have the same experience you do! Thank you!

2001400ex

Reaction score
That's good to know. I wonder if it's where you live. We're a town of <25,000, so we may not have enough traffic to make throttling necessary. I hope I have the same experience you do! Thank you!

I haven't noticed any throttling and I am a 4 to 6 gig a month user. Tethering it to my laptop right now.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Good to know. Thank you.