4G Broke. Looking for DF Wisdom

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
My Bionic has been rock solid since purchased in September. I have had no 4g/3g issues, no BT/4g issues etc, etc like I have seen here. It just worked like advertised, all the time, and everywhere

2 days ago I lost 4g. Could not get it back. VZW is shipping another phone, but I would rather find a fix for the devil I know than dance with a new devil

Things done to date.
VZW tech level 1 and 2
Moto tech level 1 and 2

Tried the following numerous times, first on my own, then with all the various levels of tech support
togged 3/4g
toggled airplane
restarts, pulled bats
factory reset

At VZW store
pulled sim, restarts, bat pulls
installed new sim which broke 3g too
installed another sim, 3g back no still no 4g

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hardware issue. U need a new device, unless... have you tried replacing the sim card??

Yep you did... new device... that's your only option as far as I see.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

huskur

Reaction score
You certainly have a radio issue. From what I understand though, the SIM is what makes the 4G work. It's what connects the radio to the tower.

Try reseating the SIM one more time. Power off- take out SIM- wait 30 seconds- insert SIM- Power back on.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
4G is back baby... No new device required! The replacement is supposed to come tomorrow and I have 5 days to return one or the other. So I am going to monitor for a few days and keep my current one if it is still working

How did this happen without a new device you may ask? My Bionic was still on 886. I have never received an update since new. I never had the issues everyone else complained about, so I wasn't concerned. After the OP in this thread, I got a 893 notification. DLed, still only 3g. A few hours or so later I got the 902 notification. DLed, then I had 4g back. Then immediately after the 902 install, I got the 905 notification. DLed, still have 4g. So my phone lived the last 9 months or so of updates in the coarse of an afternoon dancedroid