4.4.x ROM with MMS Working?

baldybill

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good 4.4.x rom with MMS working?

I have tried OmniRom and CM and had issues with reboots.
I tried SlimKat 4.4.2 and the internet stopped working.
I am on SlimKat 4.4.4, but the MMS works 1/2 the time, and doesn't work 1/2 the time.

Any solutions out there?

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. FML was another one I tried in the 4.4.x series. I had reboot issues with it as well. The GNex is still my daily phone, is this version of FML stable enough, or will I have rebooting issues again?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. FML was another one I tried in the 4.4.x series. I had reboot issues with it as well. The GNex is still my daily phone, is this version of FML stable enough, or will I have rebooting issues again?
Wow, nice to see someone still rocking the galaxy nexus. I taken you are on Verizon or sprint?

I love nexus devices and still have my galnex, though it is retired to the junk drawer with my droid. I still remember the excitement of booting that thing up for the first time.

The nexus 5 got me back to the nexus devices, and my nexus 6 finally showed me what a nexus can become.

Hope you find a ROM that works for you.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I don't know about stability. My rooted-stock-unlocked-bootloader Moto X had some reboot issues for the first couple of weeks before it settled down. Now I run weeks without even thinking of it. My suggestion is to run stock for a day or two up to a week and see if you have issues with stability. Your phone might just be getting cranky.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I have a GNex, but I thinks it's on 4.1.2. That's what I was using at the time & everything worked

Tapped from a Nexus 6

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
This SlitKat 4.4.4 doesn't have reboot issues, just MMS issues.
Most other 4.4.4 Roms have the reboot issues.
If I went back to stock, it would only be 4.2

Oh, and I'm on Verizon.

Any thoughts on a 4.4.x with working MMS?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know about stability. My rooted-stock-unlocked-bootloader Moto X had some reboot issues for the first couple of weeks before it settled down. Now I run weeks without even thinking of it. My suggestion is to run stock for a day or two up to a week and see if you have issues with stability. Your phone might just be getting cranky.
Well you did say moto x

Nexus 6 is a totally different beast.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
This SlitKat 4.4.4 doesn't have reboot issues, just MMS issues.
Most other 4.4.4 Roms have the reboot issues.
If I went back to stock, it would only be 4.2

Oh, and I'm on Verizon.

Any thoughts on a 4.4.x with working MMS?

And have any of the ROMs been updated since you tried them? If so, they may have fixed the issue. Or it could be an app you're using isn't compatible with the ROM you've chosen. Is the MMS issue specifically with MMS or is it an SMS issue? If it's MMS, could you use Hangouts or another app to bypass it?

And is there anything you NEED 4.4.x for or is it just to have the "latest and/or greatest" on your phone? :)

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
It have the latest SlimKat, which is having the MMS problems. It's just MMS and not SMS. As to why 4.4.x - I wanted the bug fixes and security fixes, like 4.4.4's "eliminating the OpenSSLman-in-the-middle vulnerability"

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
Go SMS did squat to fix the problem, I may have to try out Hangouts. Thanks