4.4.3 rolling out to Motorola Devices this week

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moto-x-vs-moto-g-review.png
One of the good things about a device that is near stock is they can get faster updates and we are seeing that with Motorola phones as Motorola announced on their blog that Motorola devices such as the Moto X, G, and E will begin seeing updates to 4.4.3 this week. Be interesting to see if that includes Verizon devices as well, which I expect it will since the Verizon Moto X got 4.4.2 right after the Nexus 5.

The Official Motorola Blog: Android? 4.4.3, KitKat® Rolls Out to Moto Devices This Week

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just picked up the GSM/LTE version of the G for one of my kids. How cool it would be find 4.4.3 on it in the next week or two. Or wait a second...hmmm, bought it from Amazon...does that basically make it a stock Google phone? In other words since it's unlocked and not tied to a carrier...who distributes the OTA in that case? Well, bought an N7 last year from Amazon and it updated quickly, so I guess both devices work the same way!

-Matt

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sweet, wonder if the same root methods work for 4.4.2. Only 1 way to find out, lol

Tapped from a Moto X

Did for my nexus 5, but then again the nexus is pretty easy to root. Just install twrp and you are all set.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Reaction score
Sounds like they hinnted a new os name as said with a cherry on top

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Got it on my Tmobile x. Dial pad update still has glitch where you have to press it twice or 3 times

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk