4.3 OTA failure in de la Vega rooted S4

jhom

Reaction score
My S4 is failing to install the 4.3 OTA update. It is stock and was rooted with the de la Vega procedure. The only change I did was to install the AOSP browser and disable some bloat. I would appreciate any advice on how to get the 4.3 OTA update to work.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat... The update will download but it won't install. I get an error after it starts installing and then it tells me update failed.

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
I solved my problem. The failure to install was due to being rooted. I odin back to MI1 which unrooted my S4. Once unrooted, the 4.3 OTA installed without any problems.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Would you mind telling me what "odin back to MI1" means? I got this phone exactly one week ago. As soon as I turned it on, it said there was an update which took me to MI1. Then, I got on here to find out how to root and found the De La Vega method, which worked perfectly! That's been my only experience with Odin. I'm not sure I have anything to "odin back" to. lol

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
Would you mind telling me what "odin back to MI1" means? I got this phone exactly one week ago. As soon as I turned it on, it said there was an update which took me to MI1. Then, I got on here to find out how to root and found the De La Vega method, which worked perfectly! That's been my only experience with Odin. I'm not sure I have anything to "odin back" to. lol

Here is a link to use to Odin the MI1 factory image back onto your S4. [GUIDE] No-Wipe Factory Images (Restore from any soft-brick without wiping data) - xda-developers This will not wipe out your user data. It will unroot your S4, though. I'm sure someone will discover an exploit to allow us to reroot the S4 with 4.3.

Rmedy21

Reaction score
Hey I guys I was in the same boat for 48hrs. This is how you do it. There is no system restore or rom to bring the galaxy s4 back to factory. Even if you do factory reset you still get that stupid boot unload logo all the time. This is what I did.

1.) Un root and get rid of us
2.) Make sure Verizon assistance is loaded on to the computer.
3.) Connect the USB to the computer along with the phone.
4.) Make sure that USB debugging is not on or anything of that nature.
5.) Click on repair assistance/backup files
6.) The phone will go in download mode to fix anything that de la Vega corrupt.
7.) You will see the unlock bootloader. One the phone reboots. You can download the new update. Once you downloaded it install it works like a charm. My phone was out of commission for two days because the de last Vega corrupted my phone preventing me to use my wifi or even downloading the update. Now I'm on 4.3.

If you have questions shoot me a message

lgalcarte

Reaction score

galty

Reaction score
Hey I guys I was in the same boat for 48hrs. This is how you do it. There is no system restore or rom to bring the galaxy s4 back to factory. Even if you do factory reset you still get that stupid boot unload logo all the time. This is what I did.

1.) Un root and get rid of us
2.) Make sure Verizon assistance is loaded on to the computer.
3.) Connect the USB to the computer along with the phone.
4.) Make sure that USB debugging is not on or anything of that nature.
5.) Click on repair assistance/backup files
6.) The phone will go in download mode to fix anything that de la Vega corrupt.
7.) You will see the unlock bootloader. One the phone reboots. You can download the new update. Once you downloaded it install it works like a charm. My phone was out of commission for two days because the de last Vega corrupted my phone preventing me to use my wifi or even downloading the update. Now I'm on 4.3.

If you have questions shoot me a message

I had the same issue root with DeLAVega where my wifi wasn't working. I had forgotten to flash to the stock build before rooting. after that it worked.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Until there is an unlocked bootloader method, I am leaving my S4 stock, will just keep playing with different ROMS on my Unlocked and rooted S3 for the meantime.