kevozworld

Reaction score
When is IceCreamSandwich supposed to ship out? It looks so amazing compared to gingerbread. Also, do you think the interface on our Incredibles will show any difference?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
It is unlikely that the Incredible 2 will ever receive an official ICS release. HTC has too many other higher end phones that were released since then that they need to get on ICS and this device is not high enough profile with old enough specs to not make the list. It could change but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Now ICS will be available from developers for rooted devices. There are 2 builds in the works that are coming along very well and are usable but with bugs and a lot of broken features still. Good progress for <2 weeks though. And we will see cyanogenmod 9 in a month or two.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
But, I thought ICS was supposed to be sent to all andriod devices to end fragmentation?

ABQNM

Reaction score
Not sure where you heard that, but that is not accurate. ICS did merge the handset and tablet forks into one OS that can be used on either device. Carriers and manufacturers can still customize it and release their own versions to whatever devices they determine can support it and are worth supporting. As to Verizon HTC phones the Rezound will definitely get it, the Thunderbolt could get it, but the dinc2 will almost certainly not.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

OP
kevozworld

kevozworld

Reaction score
Well I guess all the writers at Phonedog lied, because that's all they talked about before 4.0 released...

ABQNM

Reaction score
There were rumors abound about what ICS would do to the future of Android. There was speculation for a while that it Google would prevent manufacturer skins, but that would not happen as then it would not be open. Also Google announced that ICS should be able to run on just about any device that runs gingerbread (stock that is, not a modded rom). There were all sorts of interpretations of all of that and combinations of the above, none of which was backed by anything besides speculation.

So it won't happen officially. That is not to say there won't be a completely functional version very soon and with CM9 there will be a version that is bound to be quite reliable. So all is not lost. That is the great part of the unlockable phones. They live on past when the manufacturer lets them fade away.