4.0.3 Update Droid Bionic [Rooted]

I

iTz_I3urn

Hello,
I have a rooted droid bionic and i want 4.0.3 ICS NOW!!! I cant get it through the over the air update (because of root) and its not even out yet for the bionic... is there a way of getting the Real OTA update Now? (NOT A ROM I DONT LIKE ROMS BECAUSE OF BRICKS) Can i tweak my device to make it seem like a droid razr or google nexus (4.0 ) if so how???

Thanks for any help that can be provided

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a Bionic ROM out there that's vanilla ICS and I just can't seem to find the link for the life of me now... the only thing that's not working on it, supposedly, is the video camera - normal cam works.

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

I have an issue with roms because i cant recieve calls. I had spearmint gummy kang rom and it was stuck on my device. I was so mad... but anyhow is it a rom?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're all ROMs. There is no official ICS for the Bionic yet. And even if there was a leak, it would still be an early leak that might have a few bugs.

If you want true, pure ICS, that's official, you'll need to sell your Bionic and use that cash plus a little more to grab a Galaxy Nexus. ;)

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Alright Dude Thanks :) but are you able to receive calls and stuff while running a rom such as: Vanilla ICS? I love the bionic and wont trade it for anything yet bro

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't run any ROMs on my Bionic yet - but the latest ICS iterations are supposed to be solid as daily drivers - i.e. able to use the phone! :)

deduct

Reaction score
I was running gummy and axiom and cm9 for awhile. They all work pretty well. Only issues i had were that video camera does not work and forcecloses on games and phone freezing up at times. Data was stable.

Sent from my iced bionic

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Oh okay. Maybe i might download it @ my own risk. But i mite just wait for the OTA update

jayman350

Reaction score
you will want to do some reading on flashing roms and the like before actually doing anything. more often than not someone who "bricks" their phone didn't read the instructions, or skipped a step, or selected something they weren't intending to. check out safestrap for the bionic, it will prevent you from "bricking" b/c you always have a safe side that will always boot if you get a bad flash.

it is really difficult to actually brick these devices, you may end up having to work with it for a while to get it back, but it is very difficult to do permanent damage.

I have never lost the ability to actually use the phone as a phone on any rom, unless it was a very early alpha build and it was known upfront that it was broken.

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

I noticed that when im using a rom and im about to power off theres more options such as: power off,Silent, airplane, RECOVERY, screenshot. I was wondering how do i get the RECOVERY part to show up when im on regular stock and rooted...

simonsez2die

Reaction score
If you're using safestrap the option to access recovery will come up every time you reboot. Just hit the menu button when it comes to The safestrap screen. If you're not using safestrap I would highly recommend using jrummys rom toolbox. At the bottom of the first tab there's a menu for "rebooted". all your reboot options will be there. Personally I would opt for the pro version its definitely worth the small price tag.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
If your on stock 902, you can use droidjunks 901 deodexer to deodex stock first and then flash his notification bar editor. It will put the recovery and reboot option in the power prompt but not the screenshot.