3rd Party Backup Software

magikmarkur

Reaction score
I am leaving blackberry and coming to Android. I just wanted to know is there anything similar to Desktop Manager for Blackberry? A place I can back up my device as well as sync my contacts etc.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am leaving blackberry and coming to Android. I just wanted to know is there anything similar to Desktop Manager for Blackberry? A place I can back up my device as well as sync my contacts etc.

:welcome: to the Droid Forum.

First, forget everything you learned about a blackberry starting with Desktop Manager. There isn't any. This is a Google phone. Your contacts, paid apps, and calendar are all backed up by Google. Gmail will have all your contacts.

As far as syncing your contacts goes they can do that for you at the Verizon Store. If you already have your contacts on a Gmail account, you are already set up.

How are your contacts currently set up?

OP
magikmarkur

magikmarkur

Reaction score

First, forget everything you learned about a blackberry starting with Desktop Manager. There isn't any. This is a Google phone. Your contacts, paid apps, and calendar are all backed up by Google. Gmail will have all your contacts.

As far as syncing your contacts goes they can do that for you at the Verizon Store. If you already have your contacts on a Gmail account, you are already set up.

Well I used the google sync app for balckberry to sync my contacts, but that leaves the question of did it take all the information and how do I sync it on the X when i get it? Also is it smart enough to match field for field from the blackberry?

In regards to everything synced to my google account, how do i go about backing something up after I download it?

Sorry to bombard with questions, but I would like to be as familiar with the device and its functionality to make my migration seemless.

Thanks for your help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well I used the google sync app for balckberry to sync my contacts, but that leaves the question of did it take all the information and how do I sync it on the X when i get it? Also is it smart enough to match field for field from the blackberry?

In regards to everything synced to my google account, how do i go about backing something up after I download it?

Sorry to bombard with questions, but I would like to be as familiar with the device and its functionality to make my migration seemless.

Thanks for your help.

So you already have a gmail account that has your contacts, correct? Then all you will do is sync your Droid X to your Gmail account and all contacts should come over.

If I'm not understanding how you have your contacts set up then have them do it for you at Verizon. You will then sync to gmail and all your contacts and information are backed up there in gmail. Apps are backed up by Google Market. Calendar on Droid is backed up by Google Calendar.

It's not quite like a Blackberry as far as information on your contacts. It all can be put in there, whether or not it will transfer that way, i really can't say. Again if Gmail is where your contacts are now, then you will have no issue.

I hope it goes seamlessly for you. If not we are here to help.

OP
magikmarkur

magikmarkur

Reaction score

Thanks for your help.

So you already have a gmail account that has your contacts, correct? Then all you will do is sync your Droid X to your Gmail account and all contacts should come over.

If I'm not understanding how you have your contacts set up then have them do it for you at Verizon. You will then sync to gmail and all your contacts and information are backed up there in gmail. Apps are backed up by Google Market. Calendar on Droid is backed up by Google Calendar.

It's not quite like a Blackberry as far as information on your contacts. It all can be put in there, whether or not it will transfer that way, i really can't say. Again if Gmail is where your contacts are now, then you will have no issue.

I hope it goes seamlessly for you. If not we are here to help.

Thanks! This forum is way better than crackberry!! LOL

kristoff125

Reaction score
Because we're not all hating ourselves for having bought a horrible phone =).

kristoff125

Reaction score
home internet, not quite sure how FiOS has a 3.3/5 theo nly time I had a problem was when the box crapped out, it was replaced within about 2 hours.

dlopan

Reaction score
home internet, not quite sure how FiOS has a 3.3/5 theo nly time I had a problem was when the box crapped out, it was replaced within about 2 hours.
I wish Verizon was here, Quest treats us like a lost cousin. I have T1 speed at home. Nothing much to write home about.

M

mIQ Live

There are lots of free apps that backup your info and sync your contacts, calendar, photos, videos, etc as well - on both BlackBerry and Android. Plus, if you find one now, you can easily transfer all of your info from your BlackBerry to your new Android.

Apps are where its at!