3rd party app to set accelerometer?

wingdo

Reaction score
I do already have a bug / feature request in at bugzilla regarding the 360 degree accelerometer setting currently in Sapphire, but does anyone know of a 3rd party app which will limit the system to either normal or 90 degrees? This current setup where if I tilt my phone for even a second ADW or LP redraw the screen to match the current orientation only to draw it back the original way 15 seconds later is driving me nuts. I am just looking for the default two views.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need Screebl. Give that a try, it's in the Market.

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Well that seems to stop the 180 degree orientation, the 270 is still there but at least this is somewhat better. Hopefully a fix gets implemented in the ROM so I do not need to run the 3rd party app, but thanks for the find hook.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into settings, display, and uncheck auto rotate screen. This will keep in at 90 degrees unless the keyboard is out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Well I do like the landscape rotation w/o needing the keyboard out. What I do not like is the 180 degree rotation (totally upside down) and I'd like to also dump the 270 rotation if possible w/o a 3rd party app but my biggest gripe is the 180 rotation as it causes issues for me at least when using ADW.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok then check that back, then press the menu button, adw settings, system settings, and uncheck the orientation sensor. That way in the browser and such you will still have rotation, but in adw you won't. Still doesn't remove the 180, but you won't have it messing with your launcher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
What I am shooting for is standard portrait mode and the 90 degree landscape mode whether the keyboard is open or not. ADW and LauncherPro both used to work this way and the other two rotations didn't do anything. This has recently changed and I noticed in CM6 there is the option to disable both the 180 and 270 home screen / application views.

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
No worries, I am sure it'll get implemented into Sapphire.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I wish there was a calibration tool like the Incredible has to adjust the rotation. My Droid rotates too easy IMO and would love to be able to alter these settings.