3g to 4g

mcadieux01

Reaction score
Is there any way to make our 3g into 4g. Probally not just wondering.

Sent using my SuperFrankenClean 2.9.2 Fascinate from my DroidForums App !!!

OP
M

mcadieux01

Reaction score
Well u got to only hope!

Sent using my SuperFrankenClean 2.9.2 Fascinate from my DroidForums App !!!

vzwtek

Reaction score
Thank you thank you, I'll be here all night, or you can just by a fascinate 4g, or whatever its going to be called.

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Thank you thank you, I'll be here all night, or you can just by a fascinate 4g, or whatever its going to be called.

-applauds- I'll make sure to stick around. In the meantime did you hear that Verizon is not releasing a Fascinate 2, but a Stealth V. It will be 4g LTE.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Its basically the fascinate with physical keys and minor hardware spec changes. But hey, its 4g, and its not the bricky thunderbolt!!!

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Stealth V should stay hidden. haha but ouch.. I want a ThunderBolt. lol I was playing with it at the store and it's so much fun. Plus the 40gb internal memory with the 32gb sdcard is pretty awesome.

vzwtek

Reaction score
wish that were true, its actually 40gb total, 8 internal and 32 external, which is still nothing to shake a stick at!! Look forward to the bionic and especially the revolution!!! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!

gujupmp88

Reaction score
Its basically the fascinate with physical keys and minor hardware spec changes. But hey, its 4g, and its not the bricky thunderbolt!!!

and it'll be stuck with android 2.2 forever...lol

vzwtek

Reaction score
Dual core stuff isnt really going to be taken advantage of until honeycomb hits handsets, 2.3 runs the same dual core or not. Unless you root and go crazy, then yes, it will on scoring sheets, but not on stock devices.

jasonD

Reaction score
Question for you guys. Im grandfathered on the unlimited data plan with my droidx. Ive only had the phone for 9 months. I have 4g available in my area and would love to have a phone with that capability. Is there a way for me to get into a phone under my current plan while in a contract. Are data plans separated out by 3g and 4g? Can i just buy a 4g phone out right like on ebay and connect it to my existing plan with verizon?

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Yes you can buy a 4G phone on Ebay and connect it to your existing plan... Being grandfathered in keeps your pricing the same but you must specifiy that you want to keep your current plan when you activate the new phone.

jasonD

Reaction score
What if i activate it over the internet or thru the phone during setup? Would i need to call them so they dont automatically change it?

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
if you do it online it will give you the option for the new data packages and the option to Keep My Current Plan and as long as you make sure you select that you will be fine.

thinman72069

Reaction score
Good to know. I was curious about this myself. Thanks Age3nt X