3g speed sucks.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
OK I am showing 2 bars of 3g with my signal at -93 and I ran speed test. I got a whopping 176 kbps download speed. This is really bad right? Or does that sound about right?

On a side note, how do I take a screen shot? I wanted to upload the pic of my speed test, but I can't find out how to take the screen shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

natezire71

Reaction score
Sounds like 3G. Don't know what you were expecting.

JKZ

Reaction score
I get pretty poor 3g speeds a lot of the time too. Very similar to what you're seeing. Luckily most of my phone use comes when I'm on WiFi so it's not a huge issue for me. However, I still don't know why 3G has been so slow lately, my understanding is that is should be much closer to 700 - 1000 kbps on decent 3G.

OP
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I get pretty poor 3g speeds a lot of the time too. Very similar to what you're seeing. Luckily most of my phone use comes when I'm on WiFi so it's not a huge issue for me. However, I still don't know why 3G has been so slow lately, my understanding is that is should be much closer to 700 - 1000 kbps on decent 3G.

That's my thinking as well. My OG Droid would get faster 3g speeds.

JKZ

Reaction score
I think a lot of it just depends on location. Just out of curiosity I just turned my wifi off and ran a 3g speed test now. I'm currently getting 730 kbps. That seems acceptable, but I have gotten as low
120 kbps around my area too.

For screen shot push volume down and power button at the same time. Sometimes it takes a couple trys to get the timing just right.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
3g speeds on vzw have sucked all year. I noticed this when I got the tbolt. My wife's att iPhone smokes vzw 3g speeds.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Had decent 3g speed on my inc, haven't and will not use it on my nexus with 4g. No way I'm going back now:D