Data Speeds on LTE

consultant1

Reaction score
When I first got the phone (day after release) I was getting around 6-7 MBPS..which I thought was good actually compared to my home DSL. The last few days, the speed tests have been in the 20+ MBPS range. Is that normal? I am not complaining, but it seems like such an improvement, and wondering what is actually normal. Screen shot of latest speed test attached.

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
Yeah I will mostly get between 17-24 mbps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bjorn65

Reaction score
When I first got the phone (day after release) I was getting around 6-7 MBPS..which I thought was good actually compared to my home DSL. The last few days, the speed tests have been in the 20+ MBPS range. Is that normal? I am not complaining, but it seems like such an improvement, and wondering what is actually normal. Screen shot of latest speed test attached.

that is normal for lte, I normally get from 8- 27 Mbs down and 4- 15 Mbs up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
I think verizon did something to their network. Because data does seem to be a little better compared to the first few days.

Reaction score
Wow. I have fairly good reception in my house but I haven't topped 14 or 15 mbps. I am probably averaging 8-9. I didn't think LTE could get up to 20. Why couldn't I have better reception. Verizon wanted to put up another tower not far from me but people living in the area put it down.:angry:

transammanv8

Reaction score
I usually am around 25/15 but had a good day today. Best was 40.5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i've done about a dozen tests on 12/18/11 and my speeds varied from 10-15 down and 4-8 up. today in same exact location in my house i've done the same 12 servers and the results i got was 21-27 down and 10-14 up. verizon definitely did something with their network.

transammanv8

Reaction score
where are you located San Francisco?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Nope. Johnson City, TN. I never even broke 30MB until a couple of days ago. I don't know what happened, but my numbers are much better than a few days ago. My Thunderbolt never got numbers like this.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
People, your speeds may vary depending on how many users are currently using 4G. Also, depending on how far you are from the tower (obviously). Also, even if you're in an LTE city, there are some cities that have two (or more) towers that could greatly increase your speed. Lastly, going with #1, the time of day would also be a factor if you get really good speeds or not. Add: Maybe the current weather as well.

So for those people complaining (I'm not saying the previous posters, but people complaining in general), LTE speeds will hugely vary from those factors. So don't complain if you get high 30s for download one day, and 10s the next day.

noorigin

Reaction score
i hit mid 20-30 all day and night in chapell hill NC on speedtest.net. but check out the measured speed with two concurrent downloads! effin LTE FTW

View attachment 44645