3G network disappears

chuoitieu

Reaction score
Dear all,

I made a serious mistake and would like to help. I learn about command *#*#4636#*#* and try it. I did make a stupid mistake when click on "Select radio band" in "Phone information" section, then I click on "USA band" under "Select GSM/UMTS band". Then my GSM functionality has gone. That is very stupid as I am current using a GSM sim (i am not in the US). I have to do a factory reset and my D2G can use GSM sim again, but no 3G function. Even I change network setting to WCDMA only, there is no network coverage. If I change back to GSM only or GSM/WCDMA auto, there is only GPRS, not HSDPA.

How can I get my 3G function back?

Thank you very much.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just make sure its on the right band and then reset it with a battery pull.

Battery pull rarely has anything to do with Droid performance. I would suggest a factory data reset. You certainly can try the quoted advise and I hope that does work but I think you'll need to get it back to factory settings.

OP
C

chuoitieu

Reaction score
just make sure its on the right band and then reset it with a battery pull.

Battery pull rarely has anything to do with Droid performance. I would suggest a factory data reset. You certainly can try the quoted advise and I hope that does work but I think you'll need to get it back to factory settings.

Thank you guys. I did make a factory reset but it does not work. The first factory reset just recover GSM ability, no HSDPA. Then I decided to flash Fission ROM, work perfectly but still no 3G. I did several factory resets, including pulling battery out to get into CM recovery and chose a factory reset, but all don't work, still no 3G.

Any ideas? Please help.

leobg

Reaction score
Try flashing the full sbf which just came out and start clean. Hopefully the matter will be resolved by that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
C

chuoitieu

Reaction score
Try flashing the full sbf which just came out and start clean. Hopefully the matter will be resolved by that.

Oop, hi leobg, can you show me the link to download sbf. I long for it but just can't find it in this forum. Is it out yet?

Thank you very much.

rafeee2

Reaction score

Oop, hi leobg, can you show me the link to download sbf. I long for it but just can't find it in this forum. Is it out yet?

Thank you very much.

I have the exact same problem with a Droid Pro, using it outside the US on a GSM SIM. But for me all data connectivity doesn't work. Tried a factory reset which did not solve anything.

Isn't the Select Radio Band menu supposed to have European, Japan etc.. ?? Mine only has USA Band.

OP
C

chuoitieu

Reaction score
My problem has been solved with sbf. You may want to sbf as well to have it return to original state

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

rafeee2

Reaction score
My problem has been solved with sbf. You may want to sbf as well to have it return to original state

Did you use the SBF released a few days ago by TBH?
Also, if I flash, will I need to re-activate via Verizon?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Did you use the SBF released a few days ago by TBH?
Also, if I flash, will I need to re-activate via Verizon?

I SBFd, and I had to dial the *228 number to program my phone, but no big deal.

rafeee2

Reaction score
So in the "Select Radio Band" option, do you get any other options other than USA BAND?
And what kind of data connectivity are you getting now, Edge only or all types?

leobg

Reaction score
Here is what I see on mine:

List scrolled to the top:
attachment.php

And list scrolled to the bottom (couple more entries):
attachment.php

Mine states there "GSM auto" when I switch the band from the wireless menu. However it works on both GSM and UMTS (WCDMA). In theory this means I am in WCDMA preferred mode. I have tried switching from this menu - things do not change in terms of experience/behavior of the phone.

I however do not see anywhere "USA BAND"!

rafeee2

Reaction score
leobg,
First thanks a lot for your concern. What you have here though is the SET PREFERRED NETWORK TYPE menu. While in the PHONE INFO screen, press the menu button on your phone, and then select the top left option which is SELECT RADIO BAND. This is the one I meant.
It should show something like this:
3g_set_04.png

Vanger

Reaction score
question about 'bands'

Greetings to everybody!

I have a similar problem with Russian GSM SIM cards.. Brother got me a global droid 2 from States, it's unlocked. But it does not find any GSM-network in Russia...

And when I checked the 'bands' - it only shows USA Band, no other choice.

Could that be a rootcause of problems I am having? What could be a possible solution to that?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

sidsub

Reaction score
leobg,
First thanks a lot for your concern. What you have here though is the SET PREFERRED NETWORK TYPE menu. While in the PHONE INFO screen, press the menu button on your phone, and then select the top left option which is SELECT RADIO BAND. This is the one I meant.
It should show something like this:
3g_set_04.png

How do you get all that? I went to that screen while messing around with my phone and found only the USA band. I thought I'd press it and see if I could scroll, but it just selected the USA band and now I'm dead in the water. I am in Singapore, far from home with a Singapore SIM card which I guess I'll just give someone else, since it's completely useless now.

In searching this forum, it seems I need to do an sbf to get that back which apparently is a complete factory reset. I hate to do that, but I guess I will eventually. What I hear is that I'll need to do a *228 to reprogram my phone but I assume I can only do that when I'm in the Verizon network?