3G mobile icon

E

Emtronics

Got up the other morning and noticed a new icon on my home screen. It's a 3G Mobile icon and when it's pressed you get the usual agreement page and then it takes you to a screen which names the SsID and password. What the heck is this? It also has a box to turn it on/off and when I turned it on, it instructed me to have my wireless device look for the SSID, enter the password listed below. Where did this come from? It is different from the Hotspot icon Verizion provides on the phone already.

OP
E

Emtronics

Nobody got this icon pushed to them fro VZ? Really?

kichard

Reaction score
I got nothing. Post a pic?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

drtnsnw

Reaction score
sounds to me you just got the update from months ago that gave you the 3G mobile hotspot icon. Either that or you accidentally put the widget on your homescreen for it.

Chris

OP
E

Emtronics

Well, this isn't my first Christmas and I didn't accidentally put this icon on my home screen. However, it is my first Christmas when it comes to screen shots of a DINC. I can not find any decent clear instructions on how to do it without rooting or installing and or removing a bunch of stuff. I have decided to remove the icon and call it a day. I was just wondering if anyone else got this pushed to them much like the way Verizon used to push useless content to my Blackberry.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, this isn't my first Christmas and I didn't accidentally put this icon on my home screen. However, it is my first Christmas when it comes to screen shots of a DINC. I can not find any decent clear instructions on how to do it without rooting or installing and or removing a bunch of stuff. I have decided to remove the icon and call it a day. I was just wondering if anyone else got this pushed to them much like the way Verizon used to push useless content to my Blackberry.

I think it may be the first day you noticed it. That would be typical for me anyway.

I've never seen Verizon push any bloatware over unless it was in the form of an update. Except with Blackberry.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
Taking a screen shot involves downloading the Android SDK development pack to your pc, but once its installed you're good to take screen shots all day long. Google it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App