3G Mobile Hotspot vs Wireless Tether For Root...

luigi90210

Reaction score
I know that with a root Wireless Tether For Root Users is free, but what about 3G Mobile Hotspot? I heard that 3G Mobile Hotspot often has better speeds and performance. Just curious! Thanks all!
I use the 3g mobile hotspot app with the tbh hack so its like wireless tether but better cause its not adhoc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
I also use the 3G Mobile Hotspot App with the TBH hack.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
Like it's already been pointed out, the 3G Mobile Hotspot App uses infrastructure rather than ad-hoc like wireless tether uses.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

t.crawford714

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but with adhoc you can tether a Xbox 360 right?

OP
K

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I've used wireless tether to tether to my Xbox, played COD with it. Slightly laggy, and a data hog, but still, pretty cool. Haha.

luigi90210

Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but with adhoc you can tether a Xbox 360 right?

With adhoc you can tether at most 3 devices without problems but with the 3g mobile hotspot app you can tether 5 plus its like an actual router so your xbox computer and ipods will remember the ssid and password unlike the wireless tether. Plus you can put better password protection on the 3g mobile hotspot app.

t.crawford714

Reaction score
I only us password protection while I'm at school so the people I don't like don't get to use my internet (the facaulty have remote desktop) so we don't like them watching lol

luigi90210

Reaction score
I only us password protection while I'm at school so the people I don't like don't get to use my internet (the facaulty have remote desktop) so we don't like them watching lol

well if your like me i bring my laptop to school and i hated it when people would connect into my phone to get internet so when i heard about the NVRAM hack from TBH i jumped ship right away and so far i havent turned back
imo the hotspot app is much better than the wireless tether app because
1 doesnt require root(well to run the app its self)
2 i can put a wpa2-psk key on my hotspot app and my computers will remember the login info and my computer will automatically connect when it is turned on

t.crawford714

Reaction score

well if your like me i bring my laptop to school and i hated it when people would connect into my phone to get internet so when i heard about the NVRAM hack from TBH i jumped ship right away and so far i havent turned back
imo the hotspot app is much better than the wireless tether app because
1 doesnt require root(well to run the app its self)
2 i can put a wpa2-psk key on my hotspot app and my computers will remember the login info and my computer will automatically connect when it is turned on

Mine and my friend's laptop remember my password and connect automatically...

RemyL75

Reaction score
Newest version of wireless tether for root for Droid X broadcasts an infrastructure signal. So to be honest, there isn't really much of a difference between the 2 anymore. It's available in the market. I tested it and the 3g hotspot on my Droid X. My Droid 1 was able to see both signals (android phones cannot see ad-hoc signals without a hack).