3G Mobile Hotspot vs Wireless Tether For Root...

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I know that with a root Wireless Tether For Root Users is free, but what about 3G Mobile Hotspot? I heard that 3G Mobile Hotspot often has better speeds and performance. Just curious! Thanks all!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not really speeds but better options for connecting. not adhoc so devices can connect using it.

t.crawford714

Reaction score
I would go with Wireless Tether, its free and you don't really have a limit (as long as you don't go all out, Verizon will check to see if somethings up if you using like 10 or 15 gb a month)

OP
K

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Well I'm just going to stick with Wireless Tether for Root Users. I've tethered to my Laptop when in the car, when power went out, and I've also been able to tether to my Xbox. Why mess with something that isn't broken. Thanks guys!

turdbogls

Reaction score
agreed. i have had great success with wireless tether for root users. why go through the hassle of the stock hotspot app, if this one is free and works every time?

my buddy had to use it the other day with his i*hone b/c at&t didn't want him downloading a 17 minute song.....hahaha....so funny

93baker

Reaction score
Well I'm just going to stick with Wireless Tether for Root Users. I've tethered to my Laptop when in the car, when power went out, and I've also been able to tether to my Xbox. Why mess with something that isn't broken. Thanks guys!

so the wireless tether that came with my virtuous rom is free? as in its not the same thing as the 3g mobile hot spot and uses my unlimited data plan instead?

t.crawford714

Reaction score

so the wireless tether that came with my virtuous rom is free? as in its not the same thing as the 3g mobile hot spot and uses my unlimited data plan instead?

In theory, yes

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
The hack from TBH to enable the 3G Hotspot App to work free of charge is wonderful.

t.crawford714

Reaction score
lol in theory?

I had to download it myself after I rooted. But out works for me off my phones plan. (i dont suggest going over 10gb a month) verizon might check it out why you're using so much.

I thought you weren't allowed to talk about TBH on DF?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think you are allowed to talk about it.. just dont post links..