3G Internet Not Working

Rishi P

Reaction score
Ok, so the past two days my 3g internet coverage is not working out of now where,....ie web pages not loading, facebook app not working etc. With wi-fi I am able to use all internet functions though.

I have pretty much tried everything....x228, turn on/off airplane mode, turn on/off phone, pull battery put back in, and on/off "enable data".

So I'm guessing my last option here is to do a factory reset, right? And this maybe a "noob" question, but how do I do one of those and is there anyway I can save all my apps? Also I know there's a way to save all contacts/email addresses can someone help me there too please.

I am avoiding all costs going to the store and then them giving me a refurbished phone claiming it's new. And I personally feel those people don't even know much, compared to you guys here :)

So please help!

P.S- What do you think could have caused this. I had d/led the app "Words With Friends" and it kept crashing/lagging so I wasn't sure if thats what caused but I deleted it and still no 3g coverage.

jjj751

Reaction score
Ok, so the past two days my 3g internet coverage is not working out of now where,....ie web pages not loading, facebook app not working etc. With wi-fi I am able to use all internet functions though.

I have pretty much tried everything....x228, turn on/off airplane mode, turn on/off phone, pull battery put back in, and on/off "enable data".

So I'm guessing my last option here is to do a factory reset, right? And this maybe a "noob" question, but how do I do one of those and is there anyway I can save all my apps? Also I know there's a way to save all contacts/email addresses can someone help me there too please.

I am avoiding all costs going to the store and then them giving me a refurbished phone claiming it's new. And I personally feel those people don't even know much, compared to you guys here :)

So please help!

P.S- What do you think could have caused this. I had d/led the app "Words With Friends" and it kept crashing/lagging so I wasn't sure if thats what caused but I deleted it and still no 3g coverage.

Yeah just factory reset. If that doesn't work do a sbf, but I'd really read up on sbfing before doing it. Your apps will be just fine, market keeps track of all your free and purchased apps so you don't have to go searching for them all over again. If you are using Liberty then you should back up all your contacts to gmail first. If you are using stock then you might be able to use back up assistant through wifi (I'm not sure if it works through wifi, it should though).When you activate your phone you can just go to back up assistant and it'll restore all your contacts plus the emails associated with each of them.