3G icon and signal strengh meter blue and white??

fucco

Reaction score
I have noticed on the bionic the 3g icon and signal meter changes color from blue to white. At first i thought it was a quick indicatior of signal strength but that does not seem to be the case. Anyone know what it changes color?? Also, i no longer see the 1x indicator. Is this gone now? I could not connect to the market and noticed i had a signal but the 3g icon was gone but no 1x icon was listed.

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
my phone again has just the signal showing but no 3g icon and no 1x icon. Any idea what might be going on?? So you are are saying it is blue when it is connected to the verizon network transfering data/voice?

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
i will do that but i the 3g icon does come back after a minute or so. btw I a still having serious issues with battery life. I have ext battery, replaced it at verizon yesterday. I did a full charge last night with phone off from it shutting itself off. 3 hours now i am at 60%. I have wifi 4g and bluetooth off. I cant figure out what is killing the battery. I dont know if the battery needs 4-5 charges cycles to get to its full capacity or what to do. my original droid with ext battery would last me 12-14 hours or more.

OP
F

fucco

Reaction score
just the battery, i really did not want to swap the device cuz i spent 6 hours getting this one back up and running and i did not want to go through that again.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
if battery #2 is giving the same performance as battery #1 then I'm inclined to say the device needs to be swapped out.
before swapping download APP LIST BACKUP from the market, run it and make sure the file AppListBackup is on your SDCard. this will greatly assist you in setting up the replacement device.

I know you're hesitant to replace it, but if memory serves this has been an issue for a couple days with you and my gut is telling me you have a bad Bionic.

I hope this helps..

Renae

Reaction score
Its blue when it is active, for instance if you have wifi enabled and are currently using it, the 4g lte icon will be white and the wifi bars will be blue. When you disconnect from wifi, the 4g bars and icon will go blue again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

geekabilly

Reaction score
I have noticed on the bionic the 3g icon and signal meter changes color from blue to white.

It's blue when there is a live connection to Google servers -- basic feature of Gingerbread, was green/white on GB ROMS on the OG