3g hotspot

tomatofoot

Reaction score
When I got my D2G it came with an app for 3g hotspot. I never used it because I had no reason. Now I recently bought a wifi only tablet and I'm wondering if i can use the hotspot app on my phone to run the internet on the tablet. I got unlimited data and my D2G is all stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can call VZW and add WiFi to your plan.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
tomatofoot

tomatofoot

Reaction score
Is there a fee for that? Or will my unlimited data plan cover it?

bigdav1178

Reaction score
There is a monthly fee using the official VZW Hotspot app - $20, I think. You used to be able to use some free apps out there to do it (as long as you didn't get caught - Verizon looked down on this, ya know, losing money and all); but since the Gingerbread update, the 3G Hotspot app is so tied to the underlying OS, that you pretty much have to use the official app. I have read that some have managed to hack the functionality back in, but it did not look like something for the faint-of-heart (ie non-geeks).

OP
tomatofoot

tomatofoot

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I dont wanna be paying more for it, but might have too if i cant get it any other way

gulamanis

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. 3G hotspot is very nicebut I think it costper month is too expensive