3G Connection stops working; Have to reprogram frequently.

pickleman77

Reaction score
Hey guys. I upgraded my Incredible to 2.2 around a week ago and since then, my 3G/1X will stop working sporadically. When it happens, I'll dial *228 and do option 1 which enables it until it stops working between a day and a few hours later. Does anyone have any idea how to permanently fix this?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For help we need a bit more info. What 2.2 did you flash? Does it require the new radio? If so did you flash the newer radio?

OP
P

pickleman77

Reaction score
For help we need a bit more info. What 2.2 did you flash? Does it require the new radio? If so did you flash the newer radio?

I flashed the leaked OTA released on the 27th. And yeah, I flashed the radio (it's now at 2.05.00.06.11.)

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
K. First step I would take is to reflash the rom. I don't think its the rom but easy to wipe and reinstall just to see. If this doesn't work I would then go back to the stock radio then redo the whole radio update and rom.

DO NOT reflash the leaked radio again over the leaked radio you have already installed.

Hope this gets it done for ya. I can imagine its very annoying.

egobuster1

Reaction score
im havng the same problem man and ive ran the first leak and had it and switched to skyraider 2.1 and had the problem then 2.01 came out same problem and now 2.2 is out and still having the problem.
im at a loss of ideas as it is very annoying

OP
P

pickleman77

Reaction score
K. First step I would take is to reflash the rom. I don't think its the rom but easy to wipe and reinstall just to see. If this doesn't work I would then go back to the stock radio then redo the whole radio update and rom.

DO NOT reflash the leaked radio again over the leaked radio you have already installed.

Hope this gets it done for ya. I can imagine its very annoying.

Hey. I updated my roaming capabilities and it started working again. Then, to be sure, I reflashed the rom, this time with SkyRaider 2.2 and it's still working great. If I start having problems again, I'll try your suggestion. Thanks so much!

egobuster1

Reaction score
yeah for some reason i think the problem lies in the radio but there a decent amount of us having the same problem