3G/2G on with no incoming calls or texts to interupt

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
Check that it says data enabled in your mobile network settings. Otherwise flash a kernel. I suggest Chevy no1, wipe cache and dalvik before flashing kernel otherwise completely wipe and reflash the rom. Something in the kernel prolly didn't flash correctly. Also peter alfanso has a stock type gingerbread rom. GPA 19. If you were stock before and wanna go back

Well I went back to total stock, flashed back to 2.0.1 and still no luck connecting to the Data Network so I'm feeling it's not a phone problem and more of a network issue. I will have to go into a Verizon store or sit on the line with customer service for a few hours or so and see what the deal is.

OP
motcher41

motcher41

Reaction score
Well I went back to total stock, flashed back to 2.0.1 and still no luck connecting to the Data Network so I'm feeling it's not a phone problem and more of a network issue. I will have to go into a Verizon store or sit on the line with customer service for a few hours or so and see what the deal is.

Good luck!

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
Good luck!

Thanks heh. So I went to the store and learned that the reps there know nothing. So I sat on the line with a tech rep, who actually turned out to be a pretty smart and cool dude, for about 40 minutes. We tried everything manual programming through the programming menu, another full system wipe, changing my EvDo settings, my MDIN and IMSI everything this guy could think of. For some reason my phone was still trying to program itself to an Alltel network and that just confused me and the tech guy.

Eventually we gave up and wrote up a formal tech support ticket so hopefully they will have some news in the next few days.

OP
motcher41

motcher41

Reaction score
Thanks heh. So I went to the store and learned that the reps there know nothing. So I sat on the line with a tech rep, who actually turned out to be a pretty smart and cool dude, for about 40 minutes. We tried everything manual programming through the programming menu, another full system wipe, changing my EvDo settings, my MDIN and IMSI everything this guy could think of. For some reason my phone was still trying to program itself to an Alltel network and that just confused me and the tech guy.

Eventually we gave up and wrote up a formal tech support ticket so hopefully they will have some news in the next few days.

Sounds like maybe a hardware issue with all that you have tried. Might be toast