3 Questions on new Droid 2

rgb47

Reaction score
Just got a new Droid 2 a couple of days ago, and it seems to not do a few things my previous BB Storm did.

1. Is there a way, when looking at voice mails left, that it will show WHO left the voice mail (if they are in my phonebook)? i.e. Show Ted xxx-xxx-xxxx

2. Text messages: is there a way to have it show that text messages I sent, were Delivered to the other handset? (Yes, Delivery reports for both SMS and MMS settings are checked in the messaging settings.)

3. I noticed when turning the phone on, that any text messages sent when it was off, will show as "received" at the time I turned the phone on, rather than when they were actually sent. This is normal on the Droid 2?

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Bob

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just got a new Droid 2 a couple of days ago, and it seems to not do a few things my previous BB Storm did.

1. Is there a way, when looking at voice mails left, that it will show WHO left the voice mail (if they are in my phonebook)? i.e. Show Ted xxx-xxx-xxxx

You can download google voice and set it up. This is the best voicemail service imo

2. Text messages: is there a way to have it show that text messages I sent, were Delivered to the other handset? (Yes, Delivery reports for both SMS and MMS settings are checked in the messaging settings.)

I know handcent sms has an option for this but I don't use it. I think it will put a notification in your status bar, and I would suggest handcent anyway as it is one of the best apps in the market (again imo)

3. I noticed when turning the phone on, that any text messages sent when it was off, will show as "received" at the time I turned the phone on, rather than when they were actually sent. This is normal on the Droid 2?

I don't really pay attention to this too often but i'll look next time I reboot my phone.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Bob

Welcome to the forums. I put answers in the quote.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score

Unless they are the only missed call, I might suggest looking into Visual Voicemail.

This is normal for most verizon phones that I am aware of because its accurate, the phone didn't receive them until it turns on.

If it was different on your Blackberry its because blackberries never really turn off (aside from a battery pull.)

Hope that helps

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

piffey

Reaction score
As per question number three, this is normal on all non-BlackBerry OS phones as far as I know. I think text messages go through BIS on their way to your phone, allowing them to be received, but not yet sent to your phone. I noticed this change when coming from my BlackBerry Curve as well.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd argue semantics -- and that the message is delivered/received when it hits your phone. Either way, every Verizon phone I've ever had that I can remember handled SMS timestamps in this way. Not sure about BBs.