3 DroidX in 8 months or so.

a11alecia11a

Reaction score
So, I'm not really to savvy when it comes to technology so I came looking for advice. Ill try to make a long story short. Around Dec/Jan I was talked into getting the droidX by someone at verizon. (I was waiting for verizon to get the iphone) I gave in and upgraded to the DroidX and loved it! However, memorial day weekend the menu key (the one on the left) stopped working so I figured Id turn the phone off and then back on to see if that would work. When I went to turn it back on it froze once it got to the motorola screen. Took the battery out, tried hard reset... nothing worked so they sent me the refurbished replacement... had that less than a month and the texting started to force close and then froze to where i couldnt type anything at all. They sent me ANOTHER replacement. Ive had this one for four days and already I feel like its lagging pretty bad and the texting has had to force close three times. I know its under warranty but this is getting frustrating having to get a new phone, return the old ones... set everything up again. I do have insurence and have wondered if Im better off going through asurion (if that spelling is correct) Any advice??? Im wishing right now that I had waited for the iphone and ignored the peer pressure to get the droidx... and I thought I really loved the Droid. :-( Mind you, I'm very particular with my phone. Its never dropped or anything like that and I dont download , many if any apps or games or anything like that..

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You running froyo or gingerbread? Rooted or stock? A lot of the problems your having with lag and force close can be resolved by rooting and running a custom rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
A

a11alecia11a

Reaction score
I honestly dont know... Like I said I dont know much about any of this... The way they sent me the phone is the way I use it. How do I find any of that out?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Your on stock, you would know if your rooted because you have to use a program to root it.

Now as far as froyo or gingerbread, is the notification bar (top of screen) grey or blue? Grey is froyo blue is gingerbread. If its grey go into settings>about phone>update and update to gingerbread, that could solve some of your problems too.

rladkins25

Reaction score
i had 5 droid x's sence April all with diff problems

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Once you have to get a "certified like new" replacement from Verizon you are screwed. They all have problems. It us one of the reasons I am switching to an iPhone when my contract is up. At least Apple's refurbished phones are actually refurbished.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

tonloc91483

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that someone posted up the other day that verizion is now replacing factory warranty droid x's with droid x2's.... That could help make up your mind....food for thought

p.s. why would you want a honda civic when you have a Ferrari now (aka iphone is the civic)

OP
A

a11alecia11a

Reaction score
Your on stock, you would know if your rooted because you have to use a program to root it.

Now as far as froyo or gingerbread, is the notification bar (top of screen) grey or blue? Grey is froyo blue is gingerbread. If its grey go into settings>about phone>update and update to gingerbread, that could solve some of your problems too.

Its blue. I checked today for updates when I called verizon to let them know I was having issues again and it is up to date...

OP
A

a11alecia11a

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that someone posted up the other day that verizion is now replacing factory warranty droid x's with droid x2's.... That could help make up your mind....food for thought

p.s. why would you want a honda civic when you have a Ferrari now (aka iphone is the civic)

I loved the Droid X until I started having all these issues 6 months of having it. This is my second replacement (third droidx since dec) all under the warranty so I dont know about them being replaced with the Droid X2's... Thats why I posted here to see if I should just go through the insurance since obviously the warranty replacements are not cutting it. uggh