2nd Razr. This makes it 5 Motorola phones I've gone through.

Reaction score
3 Bionics and 2 Razrs in, Verizon sent me a Galaxy Nexus as a replacement. And what happens? After a few hours of use, the Nexus is stuck cycling on and off without even making it to the home screen.....WTF Verizon.....they're sending me another Nexus. Anyone have any suggestions if my new replacement doesn't work either?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I'm sorry bro...I think its something you could be doing to the phone.

OP
sNuFfYStiGLiTZ
Reaction score
I'm sorry bro...I think its something you could be doing to the phone.

You think so? I'm starting to think it might be the charger. I've had the charger that came with the bionic because verizon refuses to put one with the replacement phones they send. Instead they tell me to buy one....

Mike8016

Reaction score
I went through about 8 Droid Incredibles Until they finally sent me a Droid X. I now have the Bionic and it works perfect. Insurance is horrible they send out alot of junk.

OP
sNuFfYStiGLiTZ
Reaction score
I went through about 8 Droid Incredibles Until they finally sent me a Droid X. I now have the Bionic and it works perfect. Insurance is horrible they send out alot of junk.
Well at least I know I'm not the only one who went through more than 5 phones lol. A friend told me that I might eventually be able to demand a new in box phone free of charge is this garbage keeps happening. I don't actually have the insurance. It seems like a complete rip off. I'm still within the warranty period.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I only had the incredible for 9 months or so. Your going to have to get lucky for them to send you a brand new phone. I remember when the bionic was having alot of radio problems a member wrote a letter or email to the FCC and was able to get a brand new nexus for free.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
3 Bionics and 2 Razrs in, Verizon sent me a Galaxy Nexus as a replacement. And what happens? After a few hours of use, the Nexus is stuck cycling on and off without even making it to the home screen.....WTF Verizon.....they're sending me another Nexus. Anyone have any suggestions if my new replacement doesn't work either?

I suggest you power down the phone first, and run it through a full charge cycle to 100% with the phone off. Cycling can be due to an artificially depressed battery voltage. This happens when the charging and metering system gets out of sync with the battery's actual charge level. This fools the charging and metering system into thinking the battery has more power than it actually does. By charging with power off, you force the charging and metering system to set the values back to what the battery actually has in capacity. Then you should use the phone normally until the low battery warning appears, then power off again and repeat the charging to 100% with power off.

Once done, the phone should act normally again.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I must have been extremely lucky....broke the screen on my original d2g last may and went thru assurion for a replacement....the only prob the clnr had was a sticky power button, after 10 minutes on the phone they shipped me a brand new boxed d2g next day for no extra charge.

OP
sNuFfYStiGLiTZ
Reaction score
I suggest you power down the phone first, and run it through a full charge cycle to 100% with the phone off. Cycling can be due to an artificially depressed battery voltage. This happens when the charging and metering system gets out of sync with the battery's actual charge level. This fools the charging and metering system into thinking the battery has more power than it actually does. By charging with power off, you force the charging and metering system to set the values back to what the battery actually has in capacity. Then you should use the phone normally until the low battery warning appears, then power off again and repeat the charging to 100% with power off.

Once done, the phone should act normally again.

Thanks for the tip but right now the phone is porked. No matter what I do it won't even load past the google logo before rebooting. I should be receiving my replacement Nexus on Tuesday.