2nd-init ROMs and battery life?

Dman2000000

Reaction score
I was using cm7 and got about 6hrs of batt life. Now i'm on miui and i'm getting about 5hrs of batt life. Even with extended batteries. But I run a ton of widgets, auto sync, auto brightness, etc. That's why I carry my extra battery with me. But the Froyo roms had much better battery life for sure.

I want to try out all of this customization i hear about but to go from 24 hours on regular battery with DSX GB to 5 hours with extended is not an option. You'd need like 2 batteries. lol

Its not 5 hours. With the screen brightness turned down, I get about 7 with heavy usage. Sure, if I cranked the brightness all the way up and ran a ton of apps in the background, 5 would be possible. But judging from your 24 hours, you don't use your phone a ton.

CM74DX
I used it heavily for about 2-3 hours and after that not so much. I'm going to test out CM7 or MIUI once I get extended battery. If I'm getting 12ish hours or more, and of course if I love the roms might make that switch.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to try out all of this customization i hear about but to go from 24 hours on regular battery with DSX GB to 5 hours with extended is not an option. You'd need like 2 batteries. lol

Its not 5 hours. With the screen brightness turned down, I get about 7 with heavy usage. Sure, if I cranked the brightness all the way up and ran a ton of apps in the background, 5 would be possible. But judging from your 24 hours, you don't use your phone a ton.

CM74DX
I used it heavily for about 2-3 hours and after that not so much. I'm going to test out CM7 or MIUI once I get extended battery. If I'm getting 12ish hours or more, and of course if I love the roms might make that switch.

MIUI does get better battery life from my experience.

CM74DX

steveomac

Reaction score
I've been using Miui for a week now (hands down the best rom) and I havent really had any bad battery problems

Tho I am using the extended battery I get a full days worth.

while I'm at work this is what I do, I usally turn the data off cause I get bad 3g there so theres no point to keep it on. Turn it on when I go on my breaks and stuff, then turn it on wifi when I go home, and at that time its at like 80-85%

I dont got many widgets, miui clock, google voice and google search, along with lookout running in the backround.

granted I cant say the same for everyone else cause I'm sure they got more running and widgets ect. I actually havent had that much of a problem.

if you guys havent yet, get the extended battery, it really makes you wonder why they didnt just put it in stock, cause the battery isnt that much bigger (in size not capacity) than the stock one.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using Miui for a week now (hands down the best rom) and I havent really had any bad battery problems

Tho I am using the extended battery I get a full days worth.

while I'm at work this is what I do, I usally turn the data off cause I get bad 3g there so theres no point to keep it on. Turn it on when I go on my breaks and stuff, then turn it on wifi when I go home, and at that time its at like 80-85%

I dont got many widgets, miui clock, google voice and google search, along with lookout running in the backround.

granted I cant say the same for everyone else cause I'm sure they got more running and widgets ect. I actually havent had that much of a problem.

if you guys havent yet, get the extended battery, it really makes you wonder why they didnt just put it in stock, cause the battery isnt that much bigger (in size not capacity) than the stock one.

I can get 24+ hours on my extended battery. If you can deal with a bigger battery door, its worth it.

SSX v2.1