2GB SD Card on Droid X

gsdreams

Reaction score
I can assure everyone that if you go to verizon and buy an X today it will have a 2GB sd card. I think that's crap on verizon part since my X came with 16.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.5

Blame Motorola. Verizon not only doesn't decide the size of the SD cards they don't warranty them either. If its a sandisk you go to sandisk, if its no name you go to the phone manufacturer.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Beka27

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they changed the size of the SD card sometime back around January or February...

The bare minimum of my stuff on my SD card (including back-ups and pics, very little music) takes up 4-5GB... I'm not sure how it's even possible to have a 2GB card in this phone.

maurer171

Reaction score
That's an insult. 2gb.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Indeed. From 16 to 2 is pretty drastic. Guess they didn't want it showing up the X2 which has just an 8? Go figure.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
The X2 shipping with only an 8GB is just as ridiculous. They must have figured, very few people are going to buy larger cards if we already include a 16GB.

It's all about the Benjamins... as usual.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Part of the reason I got the Droid X (other than the screen size) was the 16 GB memory card vs. the 8 in the Droid 2. I didn't feel like spending $200 on a phone and then having to buy a 16 GB SD.

Even the LG Ally comes with a 4GB.

Sent from my rooted beast of a phone

BoJatey

Reaction score
2 GB? I'm pretty certain that it has the same size SD card as my D2 which is 8 GB. I took that out and put the one from my D1 in there.

If you're smart you won't put any music on your phone at all. Amazon MP3 will stream your music via 3G or wifi if you set up a Cloud. They give you 20 GB with the purchase of 1 mp3 album and you can spend as little as $5.00 on that.

Also Google Music is coming out, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to stream on that as well. No sense wasting space with music if you can stream it IMHO.

The 20gb is only good for a year and after that they will charge.

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
The 20gb is only good for a year and after that they will charge.

my understanding is that they don't necessarily start charging you after the year promotion, but you just lose the extra storage space.

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
well in any case I just purchased the MP3 album daily deal for only 99 cents (Lady Gaga's "Born This Way") and my Amazon soundcloud was automatically bumped to 20 GB's. sweet!!!!!