$29.99 Droid Verizon Plan

SEGA

Reaction score
Ok I was just about to purchase my Droid, but I decided to call Verizon to ask some questions..

I come to find out that on my phone now, I have the $14.99 Unlimited Online plan, but when I switch phones the $14.99 offer is gone, because they have new plans that are $9.99 for 25mb download limit, and $19.99 75mb limit. This doesn't concern me much other then the fact that if I do change my mind and go back, that $14.99 unlimited offer is gone for good, can not get it back, well that's what Verizon told me.

Now the main question I have is, what does the $29.99 plan offer?
If there a reason to get the $39.99 plan? (I can not offered)
Whats the bad part about the $29.99 Droid Plan, am I missing on some feature, is there a limit to Mega Bites? etc..

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
A "smartphone" plan is your ONLY option for Droid I believe. (I suppose the reasoning is if you don't want a smartphone, why buy a Droid?)

For 450 voice minutes plus data (not including messaging) the plan is $79.99. If you add on messaging, $99.99. Goes up from there if you add voice minutes. I believe the data is unlimited on the smartphone plans (there is a sticky in one of these forums that explains). There is no $14.99 with download limit plan for the smartphones.

If there are any VZW reps here I hope they correct me, but I believe I am correct based on what is on Verizon's website.

DaHarder

Reaction score
It's one of the prices (literally) one must pay to have a more advanced handset/smartphone.

Gotta Pay To Play!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So far the higher plan is for people that need verizon to host a exchange server for them, so they can sync with the verizons. 98% of the people on this forum will not need the more expensive plan.

halo0

Reaction score
A "smartphone" plan is your ONLY option for Droid I believe. (I suppose the reasoning is if you don't want a smartphone, why buy a Droid?)

For 450 voice minutes plus data (not including messaging) the plan is $79.99. If you add on messaging, $99.99. Goes up from there if you add voice minutes. I believe the data is unlimited on the smartphone plans (there is a sticky in one of these forums that explains). There is no $14.99 with download limit plan for the smartphones.

If there are any VZW reps here I hope they correct me, but I believe I am correct based on what is on Verizon's website.

I got the 450 minute "basic" plan which was $40, then the smartphone data plan was $30 more, and I got the 250 text messages add on for another $5. So a total of $75 for 450 min/unlimited data and 250 texts/mo. I believe this is the cheapest way to go.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I got the 450 minute "basic" plan which was $40, then the smartphone data plan was $30 more, and I got the 250 text messages add on for another $5. So a total of $75 for 450 min/unlimited data and 250 texts/mo. I believe this is the cheapest way to go.

I do not know how they see IM's but if they can trace it, and you IM alot, the 250 texts may not be enough.

halo0

Reaction score
Which type of IM are you talking about? I am fairly sure an IM does not count as a text message.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From the verizon site itself... for the $5 / 10 dollar plan

"$5 monthly access/250 messages includes Text, Picture, Video, Instant messages and Text Alerts"

"For only $10 Monthly Access, you can get Unlimited Text, Picture, and Video Messages to any other Verizon Wireless customer from within the National Enhanced Services Rate & Coverage Area. PLUS get 500 Additional messages.*

*Applies when sending and receiving instant messages, text alerts, emails, and Text/Picture/Video Messages to non-Verizon Wireless customers."

halo0

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I've never IM'd on my phone before. I'm kind of curious as to how they'd differentiate that data. I assume there must be a number of different apps that could do that.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's why i said i'm not 100% sure if they can track it on the droid, merely was saying be cautious.