24 minute battery life?

clarkstrange

Reaction score
My battery has been dying at crazy rates lately. I unplugged it 30 minutes ago and it's dropped 6% and the battery use says I only have 24 minutes left of battery. Also my display is taking up 87% of my battery. That seems high? I'm rooted on liberty. And I just reset my phone, but to no avail.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So did you do a factory reset or did you do a fresh install of liberty?

Also how old is the battery in your DX. Most Li-ion battery's have about a two year life. At that point they win not hold a charge as long as they used to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I did both. I'm not sure about the battery because I bought the phone from a friend. It's probably time for a new one

Savagerun

Reaction score
A good way to tell if your battery is bad is by laying it on a flat surface and try to spin it. A bad battery will start to swell which you can't tell by just looking at it but if you can spin it it's time for a new one. A good battery won't spin.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
My year and a half old battery has characteristic swelling, no it doesn't spin, yet I can get more than 12 hours from it.

To answer the OP: display is the highest use of your battery, typically. The 87% may vary depending on how you use your phone

Also, dropping 6% in a half hour sounds like it'll last more than 6-8 hours before dieing. Don't trust whichever phone service or app you're using.

I would suggest doing a stress test, if you have the time. Try using wi-fi to download a very large torrent file when your battery is fully charged (adownloader is a great free torrent app) while leaving the screen on. I would guess your battery should last 2-3 hours at the most, but if the time is less than 1 and a half hours before shutdown, you have a definite problem.