*228 doesn't work.

mjforte

Reaction score
I dial *228 from my TBolt to try to update my PRLs but it disconnects right away. Happen to anyone else?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

lee__D

Reaction score
same here, i called vzw to activate. It's activated, and still can't call 228 (disconnects)

ccgustavus

Reaction score
They said yesterday not too use *228 with a 4g phone.

sportadic22

Reaction score
Ya told me same thing after I tried it

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Funny, I just tried the same thing about 3 mins ago. I watched as my phone went from 4G, to 3G, to 1X over and over so I just rebooted. I think Verizon might be having some problems.

Yes, I was told by the VW guy (no offense, but he didn't know ****) not to do *228.

Edit: Right now I'm not getting anything on 4G. lol. (Northern LA here). Speedtest.net says I've got -0.00MBPS.
Someone I know with an LG Cosmos can't do *228 either.

Last edited:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I believe the sim card which gives you 4g access does not allow the *228. If you are having connectivity issues or call quality I would suggest calling VZW until we learn of another way to update our TB.

mark3748

Reaction score
I believe the sim card which gives you 4g access does not allow the *228. If you are having connectivity issues or call quality I would suggest calling VZW until we learn of another way to update our TB.

This is spot on, the SIM card is push activated, no more *228 for LTE. I believe updated PRLs are also pushed as they become available.

Praisedroid

Reaction score
dont use *228 and 1

Verizon rep told me yesterday not to use *228 and option 1 on the 4G phones. She was told that it could have a chance of screwing it up. You can use option 2 but never use the option 1.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this does anything but the VZW rep dialed #382 when configuring my phone.

Edit: nvm I think it was for a test call. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Prayer

Reaction score
Also the my Verizon isn't working on the tb .

gsdreams

Reaction score
So how do we update our phone if we can't do 228?

Prls are push updated on 4g phones. Watch the prl to verify. Also *228 on a 4g phone can fry the sim card.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

drick002

Reaction score
So how do we update our phone if we can't do 228?

Prls are push updated on 4g phones. Watch the prl to verify. Also *228 on a 4g phone can fry the sim card.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

sorry if this is a dumb question but this is new to me. What does it mean to be push updated? I also don't know what Prls are =)

Beasthunt

Reaction score
Ok. I read on android central that pulling the battery, and sim card then holding the power button for 20 seconds would be the same as dialing 228. I will snag the link.

zenman77

Reaction score
I don't know if this does anything but the VZW rep dialed #382 when configuring my phone.

Edit: nvm I think it was for a test call. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I think it's #832 instead...... I was just directed by vz customer service after factory resetting due to frequent reboots. I also learned that you can factory reset in the settings menu instead of the bootloader. It's located at settings, sd & phone storage.