2015 is at an end: the best of the best

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SpaceX-Launch-Landing-580-2.jpg

We started 2015 with a bang as we continued to see the markets challenged. Here are my best of the best for 2015. Post yours below:

1) Sling TV: I can not stop talking about Sling. Since it was first introduced at CES 2015, it has continue to grow and improve. It is easily the best tech service/product from CES 2015 (in my opinion). Yes they still have areas they need to improve like being able to allow multiple users to watch content (at least 2) and investing more money on their servers. But for a first year service I give this a solid B+.

2) Note 5/Nexus 6P: If someone would have told us we would get a nexus device that could not only compete with the top devices of the year but actually hold its own, would we have believe it?
Google finally gave us a nexus with the best build quality, (one of the) best cameras, awesome battery life, and priced $200 less than the competition.
Note5: What can I say about a device that is arguably the best android phone of 2015. Samsung did it big this year with the Note 5 with a camera that actually beat out the iPhone camera, the best battery life despite having a smaller battery than something like the Nexus 6P, and best performance for an android device based on scores from multiple benchmarks and real world tests. If you are looking for a phone for business this is the go to choice for sure.

3) Apple iPhone 6s: Before you guys give this post a disagree let me explain. Everyone is going big but not everyone want to have to compromise in order to enjoy a smaller device. The iPhone 6s brings a faster experience with their A9 processor, one of the best cameras on the market, an aluminum build, all packaged in a sub 5 inch display.

By the way, shout out to smart phone cameras for 2015. Even manufacturers that were known for poor cameras stepped up this year.

4) Moto X pure: An unlocked phone with a great camera, top of the line display, fast updates, and can be customized should cost you upwards of $500. Motorola managed to pack all that at a price point below $400 with the ability for expandable storage. And best of all it challenged the market as you no longer have to pay $700 or be locked into an agreement (contract or payment plan) to have a solid device.

Stepped back: I felt like smart watches just did not do enough this year. Yeah we got more "premium" but I question whether we can go beyond where we are at with smart watches.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not a fan of Sling. Unless you don't have any other options for watching sports, the price isn't worth the content for me. You're still stuck with ads/commercials which IMO defeats the whole purpose of cutting the cord.
YOMV

I'd throw the Galaxy S6 Edge on this list. It's just a beautiful device.

S5 tap'n

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ot a fan of Sling. Unless you don't have any other options for watching sports, the price isn't worth the content for me. You're still stuck with ads/commercials which IMO defeats the whole purpose of cutting the cord.

What would you recommend for cord cutters, especially sports fans?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Aside from the sports I'm able to get from Network tv, I use my laptop if I'm looking for something in particular. (Aside from NFL Mobile through Verizon for NFL games) I'm really only interested in the NFL & NBA.

S5 tap'n

Mod edit

Last edited by a moderator: