$20 3800 MAH Battery test and comparision

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Just tested the NFC on the Hyperion I have and it worked perfectly at McDonalds. Overall very satisfied for 23 bucks.

Just ordered one off of Amazon! Free 2 day shipping for me! :) DancingNexus

People with the battery problems.....you really should clear out the battery stats. then let the phone die and then let it recharge. once it says its charged, unplug, turn it off and take out the battery. put the battery back in, turn it on and continue to charge it.

I had to do that with my vzw extended battery.

vireya

Reaction score
Well, cuz of this thread, I did order the Trexcell 3800
Then I went to the Verizon store to return the 'extended batt' they sold me when I got the phone a few days ago. They refunded my money with no questions, except that they warned me about using a nonSamsung batt. They claimed theyve seen phones fried using them.
So, my question is, has anyone had a fried Nexus? or is this just a load of shat theyre throwing me

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Well, cuz of this thread, I did order the Trexcell 3800
Then I went to the Verizon store to return the 'extended batt' they sold me when I got the phone a few days ago. They refunded my money with no questions, except that they warned me about using a nonSamsung batt. They claimed theyve seen phones fried using them.
So, my question is, has anyone had a fried Nexus? or is this just a load of shat theyre throwing me

havent heard of one yet.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Got my hyperion battery today from amazon. So far after a good charge. I'm at 66% with 2 hours 39 mins screen time gaming. Pretty good for a $20 battery that has nfc....its only going to get better... Ill keep ya up dated. I'm trying to kill the battery before i go to sleep.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Alright. So it ended with 3 hours 36 mins watching netflix on 4g for an hour. The whole time I had the screen set to 100%. Keep in mind i was trying to kill the phone, So I could charge it over night.

So now that I have charged it over night...Im expecting to get a good amount above that. Im setting everything back to my normal settings. Meaning wifi alot of the time and 50% on the screen. Im sure that alone would give me at least another 1/2 hour of screen time.

We will see how it does today. Im still not quite sure about this battery. For $20 with nfc, you cant really go wrong. So it doesnt matter all that much. It needs to be worth its weight at least.

The pluses about this battery.
$20 bucks!
3 month warranty
!DancingNexus
NFC
First charge, battery life already better vs samsungs extended battery.
The extra bulk helps when playing games.

Minuses
None yet.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I decided to do a comparison between the ttwo batteries.
Ordered from here -http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trexcell-Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-3800mAh-Extended-Battery-Cover-FOR-VERIZON-/280838395763?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item416345d773
It got to me in two days! Thats quick shipping
here are some pics showing the thickness and diffrences-
back.jpg

side.jpg

And now for the diffrence between covers and batts-
DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

What kind of battery life are you getting now???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bsmith0731

Reaction score
My stats after the second full cycle charge.

Not too much of a difference in my opinion.. I'm a very heavy user.

But I'll post back after the 4TH AND 5TH

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333579470321.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333579470321.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 517
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333579516971.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1333579516971.png
    68 KB · Views: 434

combatmedic870

Reaction score
My stats after the second full cycle charge.

Not too much of a difference in my opinion.. I'm a very heavy user.

But I'll post back after the 4TH AND 5TH

Waaaaaa???? I got better then that after my first charge(non-stop game use at at 100% brightness on 4g and then some netflix)....Im on day 3 right now and havent really been able to use my phone as much...(so normal weekday use) and ive gone 2 days on one charge with 30% still remaining. Im going to kill it tonight(Netflix on 4g does a great job at this with screen brightness at 100%, BTW) ,so i can start off fresh tomorrow.

Anywho...i hope it gets better then 7 hours battery time for you after time...

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Waaaaaa???? I got better then that after my first charge(non-stop game use at at 100% brightness on 4g and then some netflix)....Im on day 3 right now and havent really been able to use my phone as much...(so normal weekday use) and ive gone 2 days on one charge with 30% still remaining. Im going to kill it tonight(Netflix on 4g does a great job at this with screen brightness at 100%, BTW) ,so i can start off fresh tomorrow.

Anywho...i hope it gets better then 7 hours battery time for you after time...

Do you think I'm doing something wrong???

Should I keep the phone off when charging?? I go into recovery and wipe battery stats as well

bsmith0731

Reaction score
This battery hasn't been any different than my stock battery. Getting discouraged

combatmedic870

Reaction score
This battery hasn't been any different than my stock battery. Getting discouraged

Well if you really feel that way, i would contact them to send you a new battery...

This is what i did when i go the battery.

charged it to 100%.....took a couple of replug in's....first it said 97%, then 98 then 99 then 100%.....then take out battery and make sure it is 100%, then keep it plugged up after that for like 2 hours. THEN clear the battery stats.

After that.....keep it going till it dies...take out the battery, put it back in and make sure its dead. (im sure you wont have a problem with that!)

then for the next 2-3 charges just make sure you kill it before you plug it in(gives you phone a good battery profile)

This weekend im going to test my battery again and make sure it is as good as im thinking. ill post my stats. But this time in going to be using it like i normally would be, with 40% brightness and let wifi pick up, plus unvolting.
With my extended battery, ive never been able to get more then 2 1/2 hours screen time. im expecting 4 hours.

you could try re calibrating it. charge it to 100% and then take out the battery and see if it still says 100% when you plug it back in. if it doesnt, charge it up and do that a couple of times. then let it sit on charge for an hour or 2 and then clear battery stats.

seems like you dont have much of a problem killing you battery :happy3: so kill it re charge to 100% (dont wipe stats again)....

Only wipe battery stats once....

While your waiting for it to charge......your a master droid.....master droids are required to have a non stock avatar picture(this could be the reason why you battery is not working)... Find yourself some coolness or make yourself some coolness....then you will be all good....

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Well if you really feel that way, i would contact them to send you a new battery...

This is what i did when i go the battery.

charged it to 100%.....took a couple of replug in's....first it said 97%, then 98 then 99 then 100%.....then take out battery and make sure it is 100%, then keep it plugged up after that for like 2 hours. THEN clear the battery stats.

After that.....keep it going till it dies...take out the battery, put it back in and make sure its dead. (im sure you wont have a problem with that!)

then for the next 2-3 charges just make sure you kill it before you plug it in(gives you phone a good battery profile)

This weekend im going to test my battery again and make sure it is as good as im thinking. ill post my stats. But this time in going to be using it like i normally would be, with 40% brightness and let wifi pick up, plus unvolting.
With my extended battery, ive never been able to get more then 2 1/2 hours screen time. im expecting 4 hours.

you could try re calibrating it. charge it to 100% and then take out the battery and see if it still says 100% when you plug it back in. if it doesnt, charge it up and do that a couple of times. then let it sit on charge for an hour or 2 and then clear battery stats.

seems like you dont have much of a problem killing you battery :happy3: so kill it re charge to 100% (dont wipe stats again)....

Only wipe battery stats once....

I'm at 69 percent right now with about an hour and a half of on screen time. I cut it off last night and let it charge all night.

I will try your suggestions and report back.

Thanks

combatmedic870

Reaction score
BTW....Im not a battery guru or anything.....I just practice what i have seen over time. So what i suggest....might be completely wrong....who knows :blink::biggrin:

PS....could you delete the jpegs in post #21....:)

TatDroid

Reaction score
I've also been having a problem with a non-OEM extended battery (in my Bionic). But my problem is only with the calibration, not with the battery itself. My phone reads the battery statistics as if the OEM standard battery were installed. It will drain from 100% to 1% in 12 to 14 hours (about 3 hours or so of screen time). However, the phone does not shut down, and will continue to operate normally for another 20 to 24 hours (another 3 to 4 hours of screen time) before shutting down.

I'm not rooted, so have not been able to clear battery stats. I've had this battery (3100 mAh) for about 2 weeks now, MANY full charging cycles, but the phone still will not correctly record battery life. I've been told that my phone (Bionic) will not properly read some non-OEM (i.e. non-Motorola) batteries.

The bottom line: don't assume that your battery is actually draining at the rate your meter shows. Make sure you run it until it shuts down to get a true indication of the actual life of your battery.

In my case, my non-OEM battery is actually performing quite well. But if I went by the phone battery stats I would think it was no better than the standard battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droidrookie84

Reaction score
Is there any external battery charger for non OEM batteries?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk