2 questions: GPS and what's on the front, next to the light?

Drooooid

Reaction score
1) Is there a free GPS app that you recommend? My X came with VZW Navigator or something, but it also requires a $10/month fee.

2) What is that next to the green/red light on the screen-side, top left? It almost looks like a camera, but everything I read says DX's don't have front-facing cameras. It's to the right of where the green light flashes when you have a text or email.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can use Google maps for free GPS and I think that other thing is the proxy sensor.

tappin and a talkin

lewwill

Reaction score
1) Is there a free GPS app that you recommend? My X came with VZW Navigator or something, but it also requires a $10/month fee.

2) What is that next to the green/red light on the screen-side, top left? It almost looks like a camera, but everything I read says DX's don't have front-facing cameras. It's to the right of where the green light flashes when you have a text or email.

In the preloaded apps there is an app called Navigation with a blue arrowhead. It is free and works great.

jblom

Reaction score

I have been wondering myself. The led is on the left, the proximity sensor is on the far right and another sensor is on next to the proximity sensor. The lens looking thing next to the led looks like a camer. I can't find anywhere what it is and it sure looks like a small camera. Someone needs to prove otherwise.
so, anyone know 100% what it is if it is not a camera?

VZ4G3NT

Reaction score
Lol that's the light sensor.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jblom

Reaction score
That is next to the proximity sensor. Not the led

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is right. The one next to the led is the light sensor for auto brightness of KB and screen and the two on the other side are the proxy sensors iirc

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The one next to the led is the light sensor. The two that are isolated are for the proximity sensors emitor and reciever.

tappin and a talkin