2 NOOB Questions (Droid X)

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Yes I called myself a noob, but that's what I am. I'm long winded so I'll try to make this short

First:
I volunteer for a very busy rescue squad and receive up to 50 text messages a day for calls. When I'm not on duty or out of town I really don't want this thing keeping me awake. Is there a way to silence a specific contact? If it helps to know the calls come via SMS but are sent from an email address, if that makes any difference.

Second:
I have mobile broadband tethering (business pays for it so I just need it to work, don't care about the saving money part with a different app). However VZ Access manager will not recognize the phone. It says "Device not inserted." Is there a specific option I need to choose when connecting the USB cable? I also used my BB via bluetooth for web browsing on my computer ... but still the same issue, doesn't recognize the droid.

Thanks!!!

OP
J

jguinn2005

Reaction score
on your second question do you have the drivers for the phone installed?

Guess that would help! So the answer is no. Which drivers am I looking for? Do I need to look for them on Motorola's site or Verizon's?

OP
J

jguinn2005

Reaction score
ok now I've gotten VZ access manager to SEE the device, but it still won't connect to it ...

WLJohnson05

Reaction score
have you checked to make sure you have the latest vz manager and updates since they may have updated something for the the newer phones and all?

OP
J

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Yeah, did all that. Got off of the phone with VZW about 5 minutes ago. The Droid X with the current version of android does not support mobile broadband. The tech guy aid to look for it in the next.